Pete not eating well?

Coop

Avid Member
I haven’t been home to monitor him much, and my mom has seen him eating, but he pooped twice today and they look shriveled and small. How can I make changes?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male panther chameleon, 2.5 months, been in my care a half a week
  • Handling - only to move for cleaning
  • Feeding - 12 crickets every day with repashy plus lod
  • Supplements - repashy plus lod daily
  • Watering - hand mist, 3-5 minutes in the morning, afternoon, and before bed
  • Fecal Description - small, stringy, normal urate
  • History - none

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 16x16x30, screen reptibreeze
  • Lighting - t5ho linear bulb and reprising basking bulb, 12 hours on
  • Temperature - 65-80, lowest overnight 65
  • Humidity - 50-70%
  • Plants - Pothos
  • Placement - about three feet off the ground, in a bedroom with little disturbances
  • Location - Petaluma California

Current Problem - poops are extremely small and stringy
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 58
Could be a result of his past husbandry since you've only had him a few days. Usually takes a few poops under your care to get them to be healthy and where you want them to be. Just something I've seen with the chams I've brought home.

I haven’t been home to monitor him much, and my mom has seen him eating, but he pooped twice today and they look shriveled and small. How can I make changes?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male panther chameleon, 2.5 months, been in my care a half a week
  • Handling - only to move for cleaning
  • Feeding - 12 crickets every day with repashy plus lod
  • Supplements - repashy plus lod daily
  • Watering - hand mist, 3-5 minutes in the morning, afternoon, and before bed
  • Fecal Description - small, stringy, normal urate
  • History - none

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 16x16x30, screen reptibreeze
  • Lighting - t5ho linear bulb and reprising basking bulb, 12 hours on
  • Temperature - 65-80, lowest overnight 65
  • Humidity - 50-70%
  • Plants - Pothos
  • Placement - about three feet off the ground, in a bedroom with little disturbances
  • Location - Petaluma California

Current Problem - poops are extremely small and stringy
View attachment 258605
I would have a fecal run even if pete is now seemingly OK . If he has a small load of parasites he likely would act normal and learn to live with them . However with stress if it indeed is parasites will explode . The other thing I’ve seen Is a heightened neg reaction to the repashy all in one . Not sure if it’s over load on dusting keepers using 10.0 bulbs or what but it seems to have an increased neg result lately . Keep an eye on that !!. I my self use I have not had an issue we use 5.0 and have a meter . Our adults only have feeders every 3rd day and I dust Super light . Best of luck with Pete !.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom