Pete not eating well?

Putin_On_Me_Glasses

Established Member
I haven’t been home to monitor him much, and my mom has seen him eating, but he pooped twice today and they look shriveled and small. How can I make changes?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male panther chameleon, 2.5 months, been in my care a half a week
  • Handling - only to move for cleaning
  • Feeding - 12 crickets every day with repashy plus lod
  • Supplements - repashy plus lod daily
  • Watering - hand mist, 3-5 minutes in the morning, afternoon, and before bed
  • Fecal Description - small, stringy, normal urate
  • History - none

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 16x16x30, screen reptibreeze
  • Lighting - t5ho linear bulb and reprising basking bulb, 12 hours on
  • Temperature - 65-80, lowest overnight 65
  • Humidity - 50-70%
  • Plants - Pothos
  • Placement - about three feet off the ground, in a bedroom with little disturbances
  • Location - Petaluma California

Current Problem - poops are extremely small and stringy
image.jpg

Attachments

Gingero

Avid Member
Could be a result of his past husbandry since you've only had him a few days. Usually takes a few poops under your care to get them to be healthy and where you want them to be. Just something I've seen with the chams I've brought home.

Kristen Wilkins

Chameleon Enthusiast
I haven’t been home to monitor him much, and my mom has seen him eating, but he pooped twice today and they look shriveled and small. How can I make changes?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male panther chameleon, 2.5 months, been in my care a half a week
  • Handling - only to move for cleaning
  • Feeding - 12 crickets every day with repashy plus lod
  • Supplements - repashy plus lod daily
  • Watering - hand mist, 3-5 minutes in the morning, afternoon, and before bed
  • Fecal Description - small, stringy, normal urate
  • History - none

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - 16x16x30, screen reptibreeze
  • Lighting - t5ho linear bulb and reprising basking bulb, 12 hours on
  • Temperature - 65-80, lowest overnight 65
  • Humidity - 50-70%
  • Plants - Pothos
  • Placement - about three feet off the ground, in a bedroom with little disturbances
  • Location - Petaluma California

Current Problem - poops are extremely small and stringy
View attachment 258605
I would have a fecal run even if pete is now seemingly OK . If he has a small load of parasites he likely would act normal and learn to live with them . However with stress if it indeed is parasites will explode . The other thing I’ve seen Is a heightened neg reaction to the repashy all in one . Not sure if it’s over load on dusting keepers using 10.0 bulbs or what but it seems to have an increased neg result lately . Keep an eye on that !!. I my self use I have not had an issue we use 5.0 and have a meter . Our adults only have feeders every 3rd day and I dust Super light . Best of luck with Pete !.

Last edited:
Top Bottom