Petco is HORRIBLE!

So I went to petco earlier today to return my mealworms and I wanted to look if they had more chameleons (I took the last one :D) and I saw one... It was the most skinniest chameleon I've ever seen!! I felt soo sorry for it and I really wanted to buy it and take care of it but it's too expensive... Idk I just had to post this about petco... And this dumb lady told me to feed my chameleon with the D3 powder everyday... Won't that overdose the chameleon?

we have another thread on how we hate petco and dont encurage buying from there... under "Grrr Petco makes me mad! Tail loss question"

we have another thread on how we hate petco and dont encurage buying from there... under "Grrr Petco makes me mad! Tail loss question"

Oh lol well anyways I bought a good healthy looking one when I got mines there and it was the only one around my are aha but yeah it's a bad store with reptile "experts" that think they know what theyre doing....

So I went to petco earlier today to return my mealworms and I wanted to look if they had more chameleons (I took the last one :D) and I saw one... It was the most skinniest chameleon I've ever seen!! I felt soo sorry for it and I really wanted to buy it and take care of it but it's too expensive... Idk I just had to post this about petco... And this dumb lady told me to feed my chameleon with the D3 powder everyday... Won't that overdose the chameleon?

and btw feeding with d3 everyday will overdose

ok i was jw. and

feedings AND IM QUOTING SCREAMELEONS

babies (3 months) daily 8-15 pinheads

juven (4-6months) daily 8- 15 1/4 inch crickets
adults (13 months and up) every other day feedings 10-12 adult crickets and other insects to ad veriety

now suppliments

dust for indoor chams juven calcium w/ d3 every other day. and for indoor adults 2 times a week.
and heptivite dust once a week.

the cal without d3 is the same as with d3 the only diff is d3 lol...

d3 is a naturaly made chemical i guess that is made from sunligth exposure if your cham is inside the pure sunlight cant hit him/ here and that is why u need d3 if u keep your cham inside do u understand?

i dont mean to sound rude if i am im sorry.

Lol you dont sound rude at all anyways so does that mean I have to powder everyday without the D3 calcium?

I would not. I know some people suggest doing it every other day and do not see harm, but D3 can certainly build up in the system and cause harm. Many breeders suggest using a no D3 calcium most of the time, and one with D3 twice monthly and a multivite twice monthly until they are a good age/size and then dropping the D3 and multi to once monthly.

Back
Top Bottom