pet stores

But no I avoid buying pets from pet stores at all costs
Until somewhat recently (before coming to this site), I felt pretty much the same way, and in general still do, but I learned from some folks on other forums that not all pet stores (or BB pet depts.) are the alike; it comes down to the individual managers and people who work there, and argulor's employer has lost one of the good ones.

so today i had to sell the most beautiful bearded dragon to a customer who had their baby get eaten by their cat, because they had him in a 5 gal with no lid,,, and they needed a new one to switch out the baby so their 4 yr old son wouldnt notice. right after this happened, i put in my two weeks, i honestly cant keep working there if im expected to sell wonderful animals to negligent owners. so im done

Yeas ago I was going to by a pet shop. This was one of the factors that made me give up the idea. I had managed the store for a while, and had numerous issues with customers.
One was an argument that a rat cant not live in a cardboard box. She swore I was just selling her useless crap. This is 10gal aquarium not a top of the line rat house.

Another was a lady I refused to wait on because after a few year, I realized she was just buying a new puppy every year for her kids, and then getting rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom