Pet store?

It seems like you really like him. You beleive they take good care of there chameleons, I say If you have the means (I know you wouldn't take in more then you can handle) to care for him then get him:D! Sounds like your collections is growing ;)

Ahh, sorry guys, he has all of his toes but they're a little stubby where he's missing nails. I think I might get him, but I need to buy/make a cage first. He's been there for a while, but I'll see if my mom will put him on hold. Apparently he's been there so long that they've already got him comfortable with hand feeding.

Apparently they have a very friendly jacksons chameleon if anyone near me wants to pay 110 bucks :)

Last edited:
Apparently they have a very friendly jacksons chameleon if anyone near me wants to pay 110 bucks :)

Hmmm, I paid 130 this weekend -- and I thought the cost of living in CA was higher. Silly me. But I did get my male -- handsome guy, though Chi-Chi doesn't think so. She knows he's out there somewhere and she doesn't like it.

Wish you well in getting the new guy.

Hmmm, I paid 130 this weekend -- and I thought the cost of living in CA was higher. Silly me. But I did get my male -- handsome guy, though Chi-Chi doesn't think so. She knows he's out there somewhere and she doesn't like it.

Wish you well in getting the new guy.

$130 for a Jacksons?

Loosing toe nails can be caused from climbing the screen too much. Normally if the store doesn't have good husbandry I wouldnt buy from them because then youre just dooming another chameleon to the bad husbandry. But you say they are pretty good so I do not see why not.

According to the members on here pet stores NEVER have good husbandry for the chameleons. i got mine in a glass tank (with a screen top) and he/she looks relatively healthy at this point. People say that pet store people are unreliable but I think that only goes for chameleons and other reptiles they don't frequent anymore. Couple of years ago I used to walk into pet stores and see semi grown chameleons in there all the time. Now 3-4 years later I come in and they don't sell chameleons anymore unless you order one from them. Though lots of people seem to know about bearded dragons in the pet stores.

Ahh, sorry guys, he has all of his toes but they're a little stubby where he's missing nails. I think I might get him, but I need to buy/make a cage first. He's been there for a while, but I'll see if my mom will put him on hold. Apparently he's been there so long that they've already got him comfortable with hand feeding.

I tell you if they want to sell him they will give you a discount. If you want I could go down and get the discount for you. If he's been their that long they want to sell. Don't let them push you around. I used to deal with this stuff all the time, when I sold and bought saltwater reef stuff. That was my life before chams. I picked up another bad habit.:D Goodluck and keep us posted.

That isn't a lot for an older veiled in good health from a pet shop you seem to like really. Are you quibbling about a few dollars without direct proof that they caused the trouble? Is it possible they bought him from a dealer and that he lost his toenails while he was not in their care? It is also (ironically) proof that he was housed relatively correctly (screen cage not a tank). Broken nails are common after all. If the claw itself was broken but not pulled out, it probably won't re-grow. If the claw was pulled out and the nailbed damaged, it probably won't re-grow. Now, if he had infected toes and they were not aware of that problem maybe a discount would be fair so you could do the vet care.

That's why I was thinking about the discount. I would need to take him to the vet to make sure there isn't any hidden infection.

Back
Top Bottom