Pet insurance

You can also get care credit which can only be used at participating vets BUT it is not really insurance just a same as cash type deal. Better than having to come up with a handful of money on the spot.

I don't have it but have been looking into it for my dogs. A couple of friends of mine have it and say it is nice to have when you are in a pinch

We have Care Credit. We got it after one of my dogs needed some very expensive surgery to save his leg. It is incredibly helpful when the bills are high and you can't afford to pay huge sums of money all at once.

I found some pet insurance companies that cover reptiles.

This one specifically says that they cover chameleons. However, they don't cover parasites or breeding related conditions. (However, they might include fecals and parasite treatment if you add a wellnedd plan.)
http://www.petinsurance.com/plans and coverage/bird and exotic pet insurance

This one isn't exactly insurance, but they cover lizards:
http://www.petassure.com/lizard-insurance.html

I have no idea. You would have to call for a quote. The other place I posted is an alternative to pet insurance, and provides a 25% discount on all vet bills (except medicines, non-medical boarding/grooming, food, outside services [I guess like outside lab work?] or already discounted services) as long as you go to a participating vet and they have merchant discounts (up to 50%) for pet supplies/services. They will cover all the pets in your home for a certain price per year. VPI pet insurance (the first link, and according to another site, the only place to get exotic pet insurance in the US) works with all vets, but has limitations on what they can and cannot pay for and has maximum annual benefits.

I have no idea. You would have to call for a quote. The other place I posted is an alternative to pet insurance, and provides a 25% discount on all vet bills (except medicines, non-medical boarding/grooming, food, outside services [I guess like outside lab work?] or already discounted services) as long as you go to a participating vet and they have merchant discounts (up to 50%) for pet supplies/services. They will cover all the pets in your home for a certain price per year. VPI pet insurance (the first link, and according to another site, the only place to get exotic pet insurance in the US) works with all vets, but has limitations on what they can and cannot pay for and has maximum annual benefits.

That is awesome. My daddy got it on my dogs but when I asked if they covered reptiles he said no. Maybe here is a loop hole :)

According to the sites they both cover reptiles. I would check them out to see what is covered exactly.

Back
Top Bottom