Pet Flippers.... So Disgusting!!!

CrazyChamLady13

I posted a picture of my Waldo and some Guy (known pet flipper) contacted me and asked if e was for sale or trade. I flat out told him no! Then he asked if my beardie was for sale. Umm NO!!! THEN I told him that my reptiles will never be sold. If I'm having financial problems then I'll ship them to my mom and she'll tame care of them until I can get them. She's always willing to help!

Its just disgusting to know that someone is picking up pets and selling them out of the blue.

How is that different from a pet store? Legitimate question, I don't understand why its wrong.

He wanted me to sell or trade both of my guys for one of his bearded dragon babies that he just received 3 days ago. Plus he's 14 years old according to one of the pellets on the Facebook page Houston Reptiles.

So he tried to offer a bad trade? I can see where this kid is probably irresponsible and it would be dumb to trade / work with him in this instance. But I still don't see where buying low and selling for a profit is wrong. If they are mistreating the animals that's a different problem altogether.

I just finished paying for my veiled, no way I'm going to see him lol. He's coming home September 17th. But everything that he gets is in poor health and he sells in poor health.

I have a problem with pet flipping is the dishonesty behind it. These people will usually get pets from others with the promise that they'll love them and keep them for a long time and their kids will grow up with them, or other such promises. They're getting them from people wanting their pets to go to good, loving homes and then turning around and selling them to someone else for more money. It's one thing if you're just selling a pet and where it goes is not necessarily a huge factor. But when you're rehoming a loved pet and then someone just turns around and sells it to who knows who it is very dishonest and I can't imagine my pet going through that,

I have a problem with the dishonesty behind it. These people will usually get pets from others with the promise that they'll love them and keep them for a long time and their kids will grow up with them, or other such promises. They're getting them from people wanting their pets to go to good, loving homes and then turning around and selling them to someone else for more money. It's one thing if you're just selling a pet and where it goes is not necessarily a huge factor. But when you're rehoming a loved pet and then someone just turns around and sells it to who knows who it is very dishonest and I can't imagine my pet going through that,

So True they are in for the MONEY and could care less about the animals or the trade.
I see them on Craigslist all the time.

IN ADDITION,

True story: I was offered a pithon and a bearded dragon FREE, estimated value of 300 +/- ; I could have easily sold them for even half the price or whatever. I had an immediate need of space and finances that prevented me from accepting them. WHY? because I wouldn't like it if I gave my Jacksons to someone thinking that they would care for them, and they just turned them around for profit. Its called PRINCIPLE

I just finished paying for my veiled, no way I'm going to see him lol. He's coming home September 17th. But everything that he gets is in poor health and he sells in poor health.

So essentially one kid tried to buy an animal that wasn't for sale, and when people finally sell to him it is from uninformed people who haven't taken proper care of their animals which he tries to turn around for a profit before they die. This is icky, I don't disagree, but I don't like the broad brush strokes you're painting of all people "flipping" animals being disgusting. This is how all the animals we have got here at one time or another.

I have a problem with pet flipping is the dishonesty behind it. These people will usually get pets from others with the promise that they'll love them and keep them for a long time and their kids will grow up with them, or other such promises. They're getting them from people wanting their pets to go to good, loving homes and then turning around and selling them to someone else for more money. It's one thing if you're just selling a pet and where it goes is not necessarily a huge factor. But when you're rehoming a loved pet and then someone just turns around and sells it to who knows who it is very dishonest and I can't imagine my pet going through that,

Dishonesty is another issue to me. A person who adopts a re-homed pet with the understanding of giving it a home then selling it for a profit (or worse using it as snake food or training fighting dogs which is a real concern for free kittens / puppies) is in my estimation scum.

But a person who buys and sells with no false pretense is fine by me.

I dislike "flippers" who are dishonest. In our hobby it's the flippers that will buy a 10-20 lot of Chameleons and lie about where they came from. If they were upfront about it I dont see a problem with it.
Ive bought a 5 lot of Chameleons in the past with the intention of keeping the 1 or 2 that I like the best as breeders and selling the others. They were in my care for several months and I let the buyers know where they were from.

I have traded a several nice beareded dragons for a Chameleon in the past. Before I even shipped out the other party had listed the Dragons for sale with the pics I had provided him. He was flipping those animals but it was his right to do so.

I get silly offers for my Chams all of the time and you just have to politely decline, at least that's what I do :)

Its one thing if the just ask once. But asking ten times after someone says no its not for sale, is annoying. Especially when I haven't even got him yet. (To hot here to ship, so getting him on September 17th)

Its one thing if the just ask once. But asking ten times after someone says no its not for sale, is annoying. Especially when I haven't even got him yet. (To hot here to ship, so getting him on September 17th)

Telling anyone anything ten times is annoying.. Saying it once sometimes is annoying if you are me! lol

Dishonesty is another issue to me. A person who adopts a re-homed pet with the understanding of giving it a home then selling it for a profit (or worse using it as snake food or training fighting dogs which is a real concern for free kittens / puppies) is in my estimation scum.

But a person who buys and sells with no false pretense is fine by me.

About to you have 1,000 post. Make it a good one!

and yes that is disgusting, the fear of people give animals like that out for free... God knows what happens to the poor animals :-/

Back
Top Bottom