Peacock Chameleons Rule!!!

I had a similar situation then you when i first got mine, the pet shop received an order, the one i purchased was the only survivor of the four. I originally went to get a veiled chameleon and once i saw the Peacock i thought he was awesome and i had never heard of nor seen one until then. All the pet shop told me was that it was a cousin to the veiled chameleon, in fact, most of the information i did get from them turned out to be false. I think they didnt think that he was going to last long so they just wanted to get him out of there, but after all he is alive to this day. Hard to find info on these guys but i have a Marty Made tank its about 3' and 2.5' wide, a humidifier set up to keep it about 75% humidity, while giving him occasional misting throughout the day. 70-100% is ideal, and these along with a dripper(dripping stimulates them to drink) ensures hydration. I also have a plant i put with the peacock on it in the shower and he turns the brightest colors and will drink for an hour. I keep my temps in the mid 70's with a basking spot of about 80 degrees. At night you can let it get a little cooler, 60's are fine, wouldnt suggest anything lower. They need to eat a variety but mine is sometimes picky, will eat meal worms crickets no problem, but in the summer i catch house flies and have never seen one last more then a split second in the cage. Mine used to be very friendly like yours but as he matured became more independent but isn't unfriendly by any means. I am glad that you like your peacock, i love mine too, all of my friends are bearded dragon kind of guys and dont really understand the chameleon thing so its refreshing to hear theres other people that get to enjoy the gem like i do. Good luck, i am not a vet but mine is doing great so if you have any questions i would be more then happy to help or if you have any suggestions for me i am all ears.

Any idea on how long CB ones live? I have found zero info online about their lifespan.

Hey there. I am New to this site. I was reading some past advice on how difficult peacock chameleons are to take care of. I recently got a peacock chameleon and I must say, he has been great. Not only has he been super easy to take care of, but he is super friendly and comes out at least twice a day. He seems to love people and hates going back into his cage. Your probably thinking his cage sucks but it does'nt. He is spoiled rotton and has very large all screen cage with tons of plants and vines and trees. I have only been able to find two articles on peacocks so if anyone knows of anywhere that I can find any info that would awsome and very helpful. He seems to be doing the opposite of evrything he is supposed to and it kind of weird. Maybe someone could tell me why. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom