Parsonii enclosure

It's still in the works but you get the idea.
full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME!!!!!! Please explain; What is the front made with? It looks like curved plastic. That is really nice man. What did you spend on that?

I made this out of red oak and polyester film. it's 10' long 8' high and 4' wide at the top.
The base where the plants sit is 22" wide. so far I have $300.00 in it.

I made this out of red oak and polyester film. it's 10' long 8' high and 4' wide at the top.
The base where the plants sit is 22" wide. so far I have $300.00 in it.

How strong is the polyester film? Pretty damn awesome, I like the design

Wow! That's an interesting setup for sure. I'm curious, where's the doors and how do you clean it? It seems like you pretty much have to hand feed these guys, how are you going to do that.

Looks like you put some thought into making it. Nice wood work.

Wow! That's an interesting setup for sure. I'm curious, where's the doors and how do you clean it? It seems like you pretty much have to hand feed these guys, how are you going to do that.

Looks like you put some thought into making it. Nice wood work.

The middle panel is held on with magnetic tape so are the 3 lower panels.

I have always wanted a mellers but worried about how to set up an area for him. I know they like to free range but your enclosure would seem like a free range. You could sell your plans in the classified, a lot of us would be interested. That is the most awesome enclosure I have ever seen.

Thanks Laurie
Being a carpenter I didn't have any plans I went to a lumber company and bought some rough sawn oak planned it down and ripped into 1"x1's
The idea behind this build is my parsons never climb down onto the bottom of their cages so why waste the floor space?
This enclosure is very light 2 people can lift it easily. It's put together with screws so it can be disassembled in 10 -20 minutes.
Most of the cost is in the polyester film, If I was to do it in screen the materials would be less than 100 bucks.

I have some smaller cages I've been working on that will have a slide out drain pan and integrated misting system. They are going to have removable polyester sides that can be replaced with screen for more humid times of the year.

Neat cage. I have a question though, how are you going to combat the massive poopies? It looks like it would End up on the slope sometimes! Is the film easy to deal with (cleaning and what not?)

Looks awsome. Have you used this film before and tested how it stands up to light exposure and water? I am using a similar film over my cage and after a months worth of spraying water and exposed to light it is starting to go a bit cloudy. Mine is only 2x3 foot and i get it free from work so i can easily replace it but I imagine it might be a bit more tricky for you if the same happens.

Back
Top Bottom