Parasitic Grub for Food?

Bio123

I breed and raise Luna moths to help the dying population. Occasionally, I take outside species and cross breed to keep the moths immune and strong. One of my pupae had disgusting maggot-like worms devouring it from the inside. As disgusting as they were, they were large and juicy, so they looked like good chameleon chow. I am sure that there are no diseases in these maggots because I have experience in knowing and locating diseases in insects. Could it be safe to feed these maggots to my chameleon? I know it's unlikely that they will burrow a hole through my chameleon's stomach, but i'm being on the safe side.

if you do cut the maggot open alittle so the chams stomach acid can get to if fast just my 2 cents if you do. but idk if there good for um

I breed and raise Luna moths to help the dying population. Occasionally, I take outside species and cross breed to keep the moths immune and strong. One of my pupae had disgusting maggot-like worms devouring it from the inside. As disgusting as they were, they were large and juicy, so they looked like good chameleon chow. I am sure that there are no diseases in these maggots because I have experience in knowing and locating diseases in insects. Could it be safe to feed these maggots to my chameleon? I know it's unlikely that they will burrow a hole through my chameleon's stomach, but i'm being on the safe side.
how did you go on with the maggots i have thought about trying the same thing

maggots that are small don't always get cut enough by the chams teeth to allow for proper digestion... so cutting them a little would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom