Parasite or infection?

So over the last month my big guy has gotten a small growth/scab the size of an eye booger protruding from his upper jaw. Everything else regarding him seems healthy, active, eating like a champ, drinking and pooping normally.

The red flag to me is the fact he's going at everything and trying to eat it. Dried leaves, mortar, metal he doesn't care.

Diet for both of my guys consists of soldier flies, Dubia, and good old fashioned crickets. The assortment is due to my other cham being picky and small sized.

When it comes to leaves what's the deal/fix?

Is there something missing in husbandry?
2xt5 5.0
2xt5 10.
Heavy misting 4x a day (gotta love unemployment) most king ordered

Enclosure is 30" X60" X78"
Temp kept at 78 near bot max 90 up top
Humidity in enclosure 70%

Temp and humidity are both on a WiFi controller.

Jurassic/repashy daily
Reptical w/D3 twice a month but do half and half on feeders. Keeping on the D3 due to outside sun exposure and their growth processes.

I'm beating my head against the wall trying to find the solution what ever it is. Spending the money isn't a big deal, wasting the money on an "exotic vet" with no treatment is my biggest concern.

Was interested how my vet visit went from 80 to 220 in seconds when hearing its for a chameleon. P

So over the last month my big guy has gotten a small growth/scab the size of an eye booger protruding from his upper jaw. Everything else regarding him seems healthy, active, eating like a champ, drinking and pooping normally.

The red flag to me is the fact he's going at everything and trying to eat it. Dried leaves, mortar, metal he doesn't care.

Diet for both of my guys consists of soldier flies, Dubia, and good old fashioned crickets. The assortment is due to my other cham being picky and small sized.

When it comes to leaves what's the deal/fix?

Is there something missing in husbandry?
2xt5 5.0
2xt5 10.
Heavy misting 4x a day (gotta love unemployment) most king ordered

Enclosure is 30" X60" X78"
Temp kept at 78 near bot max 90 up top
Humidity in enclosure 70%

Temp and humidity are both on a WiFi controller.

Jurassic/repashy daily
Reptical w/D3 twice a month but do half and half on feeders. Keeping on the D3 due to outside sun exposure and their growth processes.

I'm beating my head against the wall trying to find the solution what ever it is. Spending the money isn't a big deal, wasting the money on an "exotic vet" with no treatment is my biggest concern.

Was interested how my vet visit went from 80 to 220 in seconds when hearing its for a chameleon. P

Could you post some pictures please...

And clarification on your T5 lighting and the supplements your using with their schedule?
Are you running 2 5.0 bulbs and 2 10.0 bulbs?
Which repashy are you using?

I'm usining the calcium plus. I do a heavy dusting on 5-7 of them. Anything over that I feed them straight. The crickets are gut loaded I don't dust anything else.

I'm usining the calcium plus. I do a heavy dusting on 5-7 of them. Anything over that I feed them straight. The crickets are gut loaded I don't dust anything else.
Ok well you said this prior which was why I wanted to confirm. You would be over supplementing if you are using Repashy calcium plus and reptical with D3.

You want to lightly dust all feeders. They should not look like powdered donuts.

Jurassic/repashy daily

Now when you say this... Are you running this many fixtures with UVB bulbs?
2xt5 5.0
2xt5 10.

But can you post pics of what your seeing on his jaw... This is one thing you want to be cautious of... If it is mouth rot starting or an abscess then vet care would be required.

Yeah I'm currently winning the battle of mouth rot. Been a fun couple of weeks. I'm just thankful my guy is take enough to not get too fussy.

Ended up changing the whole lighting set up in my enclosure. Cut all the T5 strip bulbs because they don't belong in a 7 foot cage.

Replaced with a Solar Sun 160w which is keeping over all temps perfect in my enclosure. Added 2 Exo Terra High intensity bulbs as well. Over all happy with it as are my chams.

Yeah I'm currently winning the battle of mouth rot. Been a fun couple of weeks. I'm just thankful my guy is take enough to not get too fussy.

Ended up changing the whole lighting set up in my enclosure. Cut all the T5 strip bulbs because they don't belong in a 7 foot cage.

Replaced with a Solar Sun 160w which is keeping over all temps perfect in my enclosure. Added 2 Exo Terra High intensity bulbs as well. Over all happy with it as are my chams.
If your using the 2 in 1 uvb/heat bulb make sure your checking your UVI output with a solarmeter or you could be over exposing with too high of a UVI level.

I should be good but I do want to get the UVI locked down. They can't get closer than a foot to it so I'm pretty confident. My biggest concern is what UVA levels the 160w is putting out. Doesn't mention anything on the exo Terra website. On the other end the CFL chart gives UVA levels.

I'm also digging into the different repashy mixes. Has anyone used anything other than calcium plus for Panthers? I know they have one more suitable for Jackson's than another for Veiled.

I should be good but I do want to get the UVI locked down. They can't get closer than a foot to it so I'm pretty confident. My biggest concern is what UVA levels the 160w is putting out. Doesn't mention anything on the exo Terra website. On the other end the CFL chart gives UVA levels.

I'm also digging into the different repashy mixes. Has anyone used anything other than calcium plus for Panthers? I know they have one more suitable for Jackson's than another for Veiled.
You literally have to use a solarmeter with these types of bulbs. While some have a lower output some have an extremely high one. Too much UVB is just as bad as too little. You get health problems leading to death with overexposure.
The other thing to note. Is any charts you find by the maker of the bulb are always done without screen. So your levels vs theres are not going to be the same.
I am betting just based off what I have read that your levels are much much higher then you expect.

Per repashy... It is not that one is more suitable for a Jacksons and one for a Veiled. It is that the one that is calcium plus LoD has a lower calcium with D3 and vitamin A amount then the calcium plus version. Has nothing to do with the actual species.

Back
Top Bottom