Parakeets color?

Carloscruz

Avid Member
So my mom would not let me get a carpet chameleon so I got two parakeets I was wondering what color are they?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 84
#1 is green, #2 is blue.

In all seriousness though, #1 is standard wild colouration, #2 I forget the name for it but basically the yellow pigment is missing.

I had a pair a couple years ago, one was standard and the other was skyblue clearing pied.

Beautiful! I notice a slight color change near the nostrils. My eyes don't always work well, but the more blue/not off purple, your she might be a he. Many times males tend to be more vocal too, but not always.
That was the general rule of knowing males from females years back. Maybe it has changed

Thanks for sharing

Had to refresh memory but found this. - I forgot what the fleshy portion was called.

"cere- the fleshy portion near the nostrils."

Males are typically blue with female more pinkish as adults. So, juvies they go through the transformation and colors slowly change.

You have some very pretty birds.

FYI Typically colors help but over the years and with different desired morphs---- things have change a little. Morphs for color, pied, albino, lutino etc.... these do have effect on what we own.

Thanks for sharing- as others had them for short time in the past. I did work at a pet shop and we had a little male that would mimic words very good like a parrot. Funny little guy.

Just found this to help... Remember, I am a visual learner, so I learn better this way. (y)

Attachments

• 1642201043258.png
    1642201043258.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 75
Beautiful! I notice a slight color change near the nostrils. My eyes don't always work well, but the more blue/not off purple, your she might be a he. Many times males tend to be more vocal too, but not always.
That was the general rule of knowing males from females years back. Maybe it has changed

Thanks for sharing
I was unsure as she was younger, but now that she is older she gets a crusty brown cere when she is ready to mate, and that's how I'm certain now that she is a female.
Thanks for all the information! Always nice to learn!

Back
Top Bottom