Panthers mated

cpgrower

My Furcifer pardalis couple mated this weekend. What kind of time frame I should be looking at for egg laying?Thanks.

They usually lay around the 30 day mark, but I would put a laying bin in her cage in the next few weeks.

Laying on average is 30 days, I've seen females laying in between day 25 or late on day 38, and it still normal. The most important thing now is feeding the female properly, increase calcium intake.

Laying on average is 30 days, I've seen females laying in between day 25 or late on day 38, and it still normal. The most important thing now is feeding the female properly, increase calcium intake.

I have a question on this: would it make sense to give calcium mixed water to the female with a dropper?

Does she normally drink from a dropper? If so (strange) a little bit of liquid calcium wont hurt.
If not, just make sure you are feeding, gutloading and supplementing properly.

I wouldn't, as Sandra said, add the calcium to the food. Unless she drinks by herself from it, like on a dripper form trying to give it to her as you would give medication could add unnecessary stress.

With a first clutch/mating the timing can be different than subsequent clutches. It depends on where in the cycle they were mated...so as was suggested...I would get a place for her to dig in the cage in there now so you don't miss her need to lay eggs.

I wouldn't, as Sandra said, add the calcium to the food. Unless she drinks by herself from it, like on a dripper form trying to give it to her as you would give medication could add unnecessary stress.

I thought about spraying the leaves with calcium fortified water. She voluntarily licks water from the leaves. Has anyone tried this before?
Or, I can force her to drink from the dropper, but as you said, this might add unnecessary stress. Thanks.

I guess what it means, sometimes chams scratch their eyes to branches or leaves, calcium could get into the eyes. I don't think you need to search for an alternative calcium supplement method, when just adding it to the insects has been proved to work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom