Panthers eating fruit

pigglett79

Avid Member
So after reading Oliviabryant's thread about her panther eating starwberries I was intrigued. Many people were very skeptical about a panther eating fruit, but after doing some searching it seems like it may not be that uncommon for them to occasionally eat a fruit.

So out of curiosity I offered a raspberry to my 15 month old panther. He instantly shot his tongue at it and gobbled it down. He then stared at me so I offered another one and he went for it right away.

I thought this was interesting and wonder how many others offer fruits or veggies to their panthers and how often do hey eat it.

I tried offering my panther a blueberry and he looked at me like I slapped him in the face

maybe tiny and red is the key factor here? Will have to try other fruits...

I've tried strawberry, banana, kiwi, blueberry, and mango. I also got the slapped in the face look each and every time. But I think I'll give raspberries a try!

Deb

I've tried strawberry, banana, kiwi, blueberry, and mango. I also got the slapped in the face look each and every time. But I think I'll give raspberries a try!

Deb

I had cut it in half and held half out in my hand, he shot his tongue at it and the first time it didn't stick so he shot again and got it. Then stared at me so I gave him the other half. He got the second half in one shot. Ha. Guess he liked it. And he is my picky eater. Its a test of patience to get him to eat his roaches, but he will eat a worm anytime.

I had cut it in half and held half out in my hand, he shot his tongue at it and the first time it didn't stick so he shot again and got it. Then stared at me so I gave him the other half. He got the second half in one shot. Ha. Guess he liked it. And he is my picky eater. Its a test of patience to get him to eat his roaches, but he will eat a worm anytime.

you'll have to try gutloading the roaches with berries and see if he changes his mind!

fruit doesnt seem to stick too well on tongues, my veiled is interested in anything i give her if i make it move a little

I have birds and I cut mango slices for them, my panther was staring at me the whole time, so I asked "do you want some" and he snapped it right out of my fingers. LOL
so I know now he likes mango

Back
Top Bottom