Panther's Color

Is your panther always the bright colors we all know and love and see in photos? Or throughout the day at any given time do they look like they're less colorful be it darker or lighter? I noticed my Nosy Be only turns his trademarked blue color when he is hunting or being handled or just generally upset. But 9/10 times he is a bleek greenish blue with dark stripes. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

No it is normal for some chameleons. Some will display very pretty colors all the time and others will only do so at certain times. The duller colors are called "resting"colors. And then there is the fired up colors that you might only see very seldom.

My panther seems to loose his bright colours at this time of year. I don't know if it has to do with the change in the weather or if he is looking for a mate. As long as he is eating and drinking then chances are that he is ok.:)

Is your panther always the bright colors we all know and love and see in photos? Or throughout the day at any given time do they look like they're less colorful be it darker or lighter? I noticed my Nosy Be only turns his trademarked blue color when he is hunting or being handled or just generally upset. But 9/10 times he is a bleek greenish blue with dark stripes. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

Normal, and a good sign that he's settled in. Sometimes their sleeping colors are different than both fired up and calm too. Just depends on the individual.

Exactly the same here with my 6-month Nosy Be. I was wondering the same thing. He's usually a little darker green with stripes day in and day out, pale green while sleeping, and bright blue when basking/hunting/giving me the stink eye.

Same happens with my panther. He's usually green with black bars but when hunting can turn to green, blue and red or green and yellow but when he is sleeping is usually all white nearly. I'm hoping the dark colours are just down to getting settled in foe now.

Back
Top Bottom