Panthers are different colors

gstspyder

Established Member
Got these guys at the same time and they look way different!

Attachments

• 20170626_123826.jpg
    20170626_123826.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 20170626_124616.jpg
    20170626_124616.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 124
I wouldn't know by looking at them to say male or female. I've not learned yet how to tell them apart other than people say the females are less colorful which is why I was asking about the second pic.

can you post a picture of the base of both of their tails that way I can have a comparison whether or not the second one Is male

Clutch-mates can range and vary in color quite a bit from my understanding. They also grow at different rates, it looks like they both still have a lot of growing to do. They will change colors over the next few months.

I see the bulge on the second one also. Even if they are from the same clutch they can have very different hatch dates and grow at different rates. Give your second cham some time to catch up. He could be a month or more behind his sibling.
Some males may favor the sire and some may favor the mothers sire more with some falling in-between.

The second picture is the colors of an immature female, and there is no hemipenal bump. Put the 2 side by side and take a picture, then tell me they're both males.

I'm not telling you anything I'm new to looking at cham genitals, I know you've been doing it awhile so that's why I ask.

Edit: I've seen young Chams were it was hard for me to tell the bulge in the tail, especially at that angle. So the color makes a lot of sense, as I had no idea you could tell by color that early.

Back
Top Bottom