panther temps?

robbh3

i need a little help. i have read many conflicting reports on the temps for panthers. i really need to know the best temps for an 1.5" one. i have already read the care sheet post on this forum but was hoping to get a tad more input. thanks so much.

Oh wow. That's not good. Normally, you get a chameleon at about four to six months of age. They are very delicate at that age. For temperatures, I have about an 80 degree basking spot for my nine month old panther. I would say about 75 to 80 degrees, but @Brodybreaux25 would probably have more and better information.

not to sure unfortunately. i got the little one yesterday from someone and he told me the pet store said around a month. not really sure as to why no one seems to know...the little guy is around 1.5"

i have had all sorts of herps in my life but never a panther chameleon. i have done a good amount of research but i always like to get advice from other keepers. if you have anything else to add, I'm all ears.

No, basking bulb for one that young. You want the T5HO uvb fixture only with a 5.0 bulb and the basking branch to be 7-8 inches below.

I would post some pictures of your set up. @Brodybreaux25 will be able to give you more advice as well. :)

Oh wow. That's not good. Normally, you get a chameleon at about four to six months of age. They are very delicate at that age. For temperatures, I have about an 80 degree basking spot for my nine month old panther. I would say about 75 to 80 degrees, but @Brodybreaux25 would probably have more and better information.

i could be wrong about the age but "he" is round 1.5". how old do you think that makes him?

I would say about a month, Maybe younger. I would listen to @Beman on the basking bulb, as they have had a chameleon much longer than I have.

okay. If he is about 2.5 inches, he is still probably just a little over a month to two months old, but that is simply my guess.

i was totally off on the size. "he is easily 2.5+"
Can you post pics of him? If he is younger then 3 months old you only want the T5HO fixture and UVB bulb. If he is 3 months you want it no hotter then about 82 degrees. So here is the tricky part. Sometime with T5HO fixtures you can actually achieve those temps particularly if you are using a quad fixture and then you still would not add a basking fixture.

here is the panther care sheet https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

A few pics

Attachments

• 9E1BC0BA-BBA0-4EAF-A513-3F1393BD281A.jpeg
    9E1BC0BA-BBA0-4EAF-A513-3F1393BD281A.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 5B77C4FF-6CA7-4973-9997-D4AEA09AD30C.jpeg
    5B77C4FF-6CA7-4973-9997-D4AEA09AD30C.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 46
A few pics
OMG too cute! just a lil squirt! Did they give you an age on him? I would just make sure your hottest point is at 82 and no more, then he will find his temp he prefers. Make sure that he is eating as much as he wants at this age as well. Good luck with him. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

I have my adult panther with a basking site of 83 degrees. When I first got him it was around 80. Just keep an eye on him for signs of overheating. Initially you may not need a basking site if the temps are in the upper 70s.

Back
Top Bottom