Panther spikes

RoskaL

OK just noticed that some of the spikes that run down the back of Boris are missing. Do they grow back or anything. Not sure why they're missing. Looks like they've been sanded down or something :S

No, lost scales (every spike is one scale) don't grow back. They even don't get lost accidentally. Is there a possibility he could have burned his back? Or could he have hurt himself otherwise inside the cage? I would recommend to find the reason for the "lost" scales. If there's an skin infection going on or if there are burned skin areas or small wounds, it hurts him and should be treated by the vet's.

No infection, no pain. Only thing I can think is if he singed them or rubbed them off on the cage. They're not fully missing just like trimmed down

Here's a pic of the spikes
batudu4u.jpg

Looking like he might be to close to the mesh and rubing them off, one ov my males has missing nails lol cause ov that dam mesh. If its not one thing is another. Just move branches and perches away so he can't rub up against it.

Mark

Looking like he might be to close to the mesh and rubing them off, one ov my males has missing nails lol cause ov that dam mesh. If its not one thing is another. Just move branches and perches away so he can't rub up against it.

Mark

Cheers for the reply. Yeh he's only just done it and I think its when he climbs down to go to sleep right in the corner and wedges himself in between the branches and the mesh

Back
Top Bottom