Panther shed

Rorshach

Hey guys

Not sure if its something to be concerned about but for 2 or more weeks (after he did a 3/4 shed) he has had what looks like unshed skin on his head, on one side of his body, tail and the odd tiny tiny hang off bits on his legs, for the past couple of days I have been upping the humidity inside his tank and spraying him with warm/hot water to try and encourage it but nothing. You may notice in the pics his knee is also shedding but this is new as of yesterday and is shedding correctly.

Edit: sorry forgot to mention you can see some of it on one or two of the spines on his back

image-14.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-12.jpg

Yep your boy is normal.LOL They tend to shed like this when they get older. It seems to take forever. Just up the mistings and leave it alone, he will deal with it. Keep an eye on the bit round his knee on the first pic. It goes round his leg. If it becomes tight you may have to help it but chances are that he will manage himself:)

Yep your boy is normal.LOL They tend to shed like this when they get older. It seems to take forever. Just up the mistings and leave it alone, he will deal with it. Keep an eye on the bit round his knee on the first pic. It goes round his leg. If it becomes tight you may have to help it but chances are that he will manage himself:)

He's far from normal if you knew him and your sure its normal to take this long? I said 2 weeks because I'm pretty sure it was at least that long ago since he shed the rest of him (which only took a day or so) and his knee is ok as I said that's shedding fine and looking at him now it has..unwrapped? Is that the word? Either way his knee is coming along nicely.:)

Just the rest I'm worried about :(

My guess would be, because of his coloring of red and green.

Fair enough but it seemed too obvious, but common guys anyone got any info or suggestions, I know the patchy areas don't show too well on the photos but it is very evident on his head. It's got me worried I have done something wrong with him somewhere along the lines

So it may not be anything to worry about? Should I continue upping his humidity or carry on as normal (without spraying him as well) or like what signs should I look out for?

Back
Top Bottom