Panther female

Hows your panther female has she managed to lay? was looking into anatomy and found this interesting thought i would share as the eggs dropped seemed connected to the urates Screenshot_20210123-231936.png Screenshot_20210123-232055.png

Thank you. She is in good form has not started to dig eating and drinking ok basking. I have studied my husbandry and can't see anything that stands out . Her clutches have never been the norm . If there is a complete
norm . Her first 2 clutches she layed over 9 days with an egg here and there b4 laying the lot . I know there is a point that I have to step in but also know that if I step in too soon can also b a bad thing I'm just trying to judge my girl on what I see and my instincts

put a laybin in and leave her alone 100% stay out of sight...check to see when lights are out till she lays

You said..."Her first 2 clutches she layed over 9 days with an egg here and there b4 laying the lot . I know there is a point that I have to step in but also know that if I step in too soon can also b a bad thing I'm just trying to judge my girl on what I see and my instincts"...dropping an egg or two first then laying the eggs can be a sign that she's heading towards eggbinding. All the eggs should be laid in the hole that is dug by her at the same time...not over 9 days ..and should be laid the hole and the hole filled in after she's done.

So update my girl is still eating and drinking well highly responsive. Quite interesting was reading F j Payne review about carpets about how they are happy to lay eggs scattered

Hi @kinyonga my girl is booked in with vet. She is eating/drinking basking at uv but has only been to the toilet once in 3 weeks. Colours light

So stressed. With my dogs I have 25 years experience owning breeding showing training rehoming diagnosing and treating. With my girl first cham don't know what to think or expect hopefully my new vet will enlighten me as I wouldn't just be as concerned if she were going to the toilet (even though there are issues) with eggs .

So as a few know already back from vets he has said I have a very healthy girl change my supplements to vetark . And let her bath in vetark reptoboost now and again as chameleons can absorb goodness through their vents also .

So as a few know already back from vets he has said I have a very healthy girl change my supplements to vetark . And let her bath in vetark reptoboost now and again as chameleons can absorb goodness through their vents also .
I hate to say it, but I feel like you need better vets. I have always read on this site that they do not absorb stuff through their vent. And how could she be so healthy if she is dropping eggs in her urates? I would still be worried.

A better vet. He just said that even though she fluctuates between passing eggs the fact that she then goes on to dig and lay eggs is fine .

Back
Top Bottom