Panther female

Thank you. After her second clutch with me I have kept her diet in check . What would a sensible safe amount of eggs be under the right conditions?

As she has layed successful in the past the oxytocin might work to induce her i think its definitely a trip to vets though.
Those past clutches are really high even after your attempt to reduce them..
Less than 30

As she has layed successful in the past the oxytocin might work to induce her i think its definitely a trip to vets though.
Those past clutches are really high even after your attempt to reduce them..
Less than 30
Sorry you must be reading something wrong i have only decreased her diet since last October after her second clutch with me

To a more usual amount for a panther those are huge clutches and will take toll on her, it is an improvement yes if these are infertile clutches and you don't intend to breed her i would consider spaying for her long term health.

I would continue to offer her food and water.

If she's becoming eggbound she will eventually become lethargic, sit low in the cage, sleep during the day, etc. Please be aware that by the time this happens its usually too late to do surgery to save her though.

Oxytocin can be given by a vet to start the contractions but will only work if given at the right time, and often needs to be given with caclium gluconate because calcium is needed to make the muscles contract and females laying a large clutch can be deficient.
I'm not a vet...this comes from what I have read and learned along the way.

Hope she gets through this all.

Back
Top Bottom