Panther dark and closing eyes during day

Hi,

How is your chameleon ?
He's doing quite well now. He was taken to the vet and was found to have an eye infection from a possible poke injury. I had been following misting instructions from a FB group, which turned out to be not good for my guy. They told me to stop all daytime misting and only mist before lights come on and after lights go out. Well, it was winter and the humidity around here is near 1%. So needless to say his humidity was not high enough and he ended up also having nasolacrimal duct blockage. So I have upped humidity with a fogger in cage and humidifier in the room near his cage. I also think he is very susceptible to stress and this was a big part of him seeking heat and sleeping during the day. Also the weird poo was from stress which caused gas! Any big change or too much handling he goes through a stress response of not wanting to eat for a day and staying hunkered down. After that he's up moving around and happy. He's now a big, chunky, somewhat standoffish happy cham! 20200308_162644.jpg 20200229_213155.jpg 20200120_125147.jpg

He's doing quite well now. He was taken to the vet and was found to have an eye infection from a possible poke injury. I had been following misting instructions from a FB group, which turned out to be not good for my guy. They told me to stop all daytime misting and only mist before lights come on and after lights go out. Well, it was winter and the humidity around here is near 1%. So needless to say his humidity was not high enough and he ended up also having nasolacrimal duct blockage. So I have upped humidity with a fogger in cage and humidifier in the room near his cage. I also think he is very susceptible to stress and this was a big part of him seeking heat and sleeping during the day. Also the weird poo was from stress which caused gas! Any big change or too much handling he goes through a stress response of not wanting to eat for a day and staying hunkered down. After that he's up moving around and happy. He's now a big, chunky, somewhat standoffish happy cham! View attachment 260441View attachment 260442View attachment 260443
Nice!! This makes me so happy to hear a Good ending!

I am happy for you and your boy !

I think it was important to have this news that's why I allowed myself to restart the thread. ;)

Back
Top Bottom