panther colours where do they come

please can anybody give me an examle of when male colouration develeops and is it possible for the panthers to not develope colours till later on in there life or do males have good colour for day one or 4 monthst or ?? please advise mine has always been the colour in my picture on the left and in my othere thread

thanks again

Laura

How old is he? mines is about 4 months and gots some nice green coming in and slightly I can see red bars coming in from the bottom.:cool:

have a look at my other threads lol pleanty pictures on there mine look/peach white all over bit yellow on mouth with lots of red pixels dotting red and white around the eyes but 95 % of the cham is white/peach/tan all the time

Last edited:
Like we've reassured you in the past, his colors will come in much more strongly at about 6-7 months, perhaps a little longer. Be patient, he will surprise you one day with a shed, I promise you.

Again, here's the example of my Ambilobe, Cerberus. He took forever to go from brown to anything else:

5.5 months:
cerberus5months8.jpg

7 months:
cerberus7months8.jpg

10 months old
cerberus10months3.jpg

Some panthers have colors much younger, but they will all get much brighter and more saturated at about 6-7 month old. Trust me, it will happen, you just have to give it time. It does not happen that a panther simply doesn't ever color up, this to me is unheard of.

Like we've reassured you in the past, his colors will come in much more strongly at about 6-7 months, perhaps a little longer. Be patient, he will surprise you one day with a shed, I promise you.

Again, here's the example of my Ambilobe, Cerberus. He took forever to go from brown to anything else:

5.5 months:
cerberus5months8.jpg

7 months:
cerberus7months8.jpg

10 months old
cerberus10months3.jpg

Some panthers have colors much younger, but they will all get much brighter and more saturated at about 6-7 month old. Trust me, it will happen, you just have to give it time. It does not happen that a panther simply doesn't ever color up, this to me is unheard of.

Holy freakin' crap, man. There's no way that's the same Cham in all three pics. That's insane.

its just the sheer size of it at the moment and its looks much bigger than the bottom picture of yours at 10 month lol again thanks for reasuring me i have a nosy be panther 2 at 8 months with a buldge and its the bluesst and reddest i have seen even when i have been looking on the net and its alot smaller than this one we talikng abot now

My panther was freakishly small at 5-6 months, way smaller than any panther I have had since. All my others have been way bigger at that mark. But he suddenly hit a growth spurt and everything changed. They change dramatically too, from one shed to the next.

That's what I thought it was different chams. What's a normal sized 6 month old panther measure and how often do they shed as it's just completed one yesterday x

Laura Uk

I don't know how much he measured, but this is a much more normal-sized panther at 6 months on my fingers. I have a very normal woman hand size, I think. And I think he was shedding every 3-4 weeks, I think.

daedalus6months2.jpg

That's what I thought it was different chams. What's a normal sized 6 month old panther measure and how often do they shed as it's just completed one yesterday x

Laura Uk

My guy shed about once a month up until now (8mo).
This last time it has taken about a month and a half or so.

Here is my guy at 5ish mo:

(these are going to be huge:D)

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

At 7mo:

IMG_0838.jpg

Yesterday:

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

So you can see, that they are ever changing, and all grow and color up at different rates.

I honestly cant wait to see how your guy changes, he is so unique already!

Thank you a bit more reassuring there I can see a bulge or your Cham as do I see it on my other Cham hit don't see it on the one mentioned. Have you personally seen male panthers the same colour as mine
Also when do they stop growing in length

Laura. Uk

Thank you a bit more reassuring there I can see a bulge or your Cham as do I see it on my other Cham but don't see it on the one mentioned. Have you personally seen male panthers the same colour as mine
Also when do they stop growing in length and yes think I have a unique one so far mines about the size of yours in the bottom picture the one ya took yeaterday x

Laura. Uk

I have never seen one look similar to yours. (thats what makes yours exciting)

They never really stop growing is my understanding, but they should reach most of their adult size by one year of age.

Im not really sure how big Donahue is right now(the cham pictured) but I would guess a good 8" from nose to vent.

And as for the herpenis I can seen it on. Yours and on my nosy be but can see onenonnthis one or is this just chance u can see it ir that I have a hermaphrodite chameleon lol What if I put my male nosy be in the cage to see if any display or actions cause if it's male it should not get on and and if a female it might get receptive c

Laura

Are you sure? I can see a bulge on your chameleon. None of the shots are profile shots of the tail but I have a female and her tail looks no where as thick as yours does. There are hermaphrodite chameleons but from what I've seen they tend to look like females with a lot of color for a female. Yours very clearly looks like a male. Just be patient, I think it's really unlikely that you have a freak chameleon.

Holy freakin' crap, man. There's no way that's the same Cham in all three pics. That's insane.

you can tell by the bar pattern hes the same :p

ive seen unmated males DRAMATICALLY change color permanently after being exposed to and mated with females

Are you sure? I can see a bulge on your chameleon. None of the shots are profile shots of the tail but I have a female and her tail looks no where as thick as yours does. There are hermaphrodite chameleons but from what I've seen they tend to look like females with a lot of color for a female. Yours very clearly looks like a male. Just be patient, I think it's really unlikely that you have a freak chameleon.

I just want to stress something Olimpia says here.

It is very clear that you have a male chameleon. :)

Sunshine

Do you ever bring him out in the Sunshine? When I first got mine it seemed like every time I let him out in the Sun for an hr a day on weekends, he started to shed within 24 hrs! I dont know if it was a coincidence. It seemed like he was always shedding. Now he is shedding in sections. It seems like he has brightest colors when he is sleeping! I dont think he ever flares up. He has become very layed back and never seems to puff up and get mad anymore. I think he enjoys my company. lol

Back
Top Bottom