Panther colors?

madden

So my little dude is seven weeks old today, and he's started showing red/orange around his throat. His he's a cross between a high red ambilobe male and a screameleons sambava female so ill expect him to be super red and orange when he's grown. When have everyone else's panthers colors started coming in? I feel like he's ahead of the curve on size and color lol, but maybe I'm biased :)

Awesome! It's fun when they start showing colors! :D

I've received panthers at 2 months that already had a ton of color (both were blue with a little red speckling) and others that didn't really show anything at all until 6-7 months old. So there's a lot of variation. You're lucky if your guy is already coloring up, that's good!

Yeah I just noticed it while misting him this morning, he still has his baby pattern and everything but his "beard" turned orange..maybe he's trying to be me lol! I want to post a picture but I'm not sure how to link it in the post from my phone

Last edited:
My sambava just started showing some blues on his head and bars (he's almost 6 months), with little red speckles on his belly, it's exciting to come home and see shed skin in the cage!

Back
Top Bottom