Panther Color

Rickky

Avid Member
Hey guys I was just wondering...my Ankaramy(Calypso) turns pink very seldom nowadays...If he flexes he jus puffs up and his eyes might turn red but not much of anything that I used to post...The weather is ample to have him outside now so i was going to set up a outdoor cage for the summer and see how that affects his color compared to having him cooped inside...but any thoughts on why he wouldnt fire up would be helpful...

Thanks Rickky

Diet has a lot to do with coloration. Try some of Allen Repashy's (T-Rex Brand) SuperPig
It's a pigment enhancer and over time it will definitely brighten him up,
you have to do it consistently though, at every feeding.

The Sun will also do wonders.

My Ankaramy is only pink rarely. I think their natural resting colouration is dull. BTW I am in contact with another Ankaramy owner and he says the same so I think what you describe is normal.

hmm, ive noticed the same with my tamatave, when i take him out for sun he tends to brighten up and when he sleeps but now he just usually stays brownish red and a little bit green.

hey rickky,
i have the same problem with my pink.... though he still never colored up like yours did. he is still blue/green/grey. i am also going to try a lot of natural sunlight this summer, about 3-4 times a week. he kinda turns a light lavander in the sun, go figure. i even showed bing to a few other fired up males and he did nothing, geez!! pink panthers also take longer to mature and color up compared to other panthers.

Guys its no problem,they are just relaxed and healthy,dont fuss
You'll have to get some females then you'll see the pink when its sexy time:D

I knw its nothing to worry about...I'm jus ready for some updated photos I guess...lol...but his diet I knw is gud he gets a wide variety and all...but yea...u guys post a few updated photos of ur pinks....treelions I knw wat u mean...he looks rediculous around girls....lol

Back
Top Bottom