panther chameleon or flap neck chameleon

Ahh right so u got all your equipment but no chams to go with it, :( that sucks!! But tbh u dont want to buy them for buying them sake cause u want them desperately as u will probably end up with something u didn't want in the first place and will just create problems for yourself if they are unhealthy and if u don't know what species the cham is then u cant care for it in the best way that suits that particular species! I know its a pain finding a new seller an all that but in the long run you will be glad! Especially when u get what u want and its the right one u wanted and its healthy then its worth it right??

Unfortunately, I stay outside of the US..yeah I did a search on graceful chameleons and they look like gracefuls to me. Anyways thx for all the help guys, really appreciate it. :)

Unfortunately, I stay outside of the US..yeah I did a search on graceful chameleons and they look like gracefuls to me. Anyways thx for all the help guys, really appreciate it. :)

Well if you can say if you are in the UK, Canada, africa or asia I am sure people can help you find a good seller. There are many people on here from all over the world.

thx for the quick replies.. :) can anyone confirm if its a veiled or flap neck? if its veiled, probably i wouldn't mind getting them.. from the picture, are you able to tell their age and if its male or female? They are WCs.

If they are wild caught and they are veiled (which they do look like) and you weren't even sure what they were nor was the person selling them I'm going with DO NOT BUY them.

You can pick up a nice captive bred Veiled baby for about 60 to 80 bucks from a reputable breeder that is less likely to cost you a fortune in vet bills. If you want a chameleon do that you will not regret it and have a much better start in the hobby.

Plus before you buy stick around here, read up on exactly what set up is required and get it set up and ready to go. Then shop for your chameleon.

If they are wild caught and they are veiled (which they do look like) and you weren't even sure what they were nor was the person selling them I'm going with DO NOT BUY them.

You can pick up a nice captive bred Veiled baby for about 60 to 80 bucks from a reputable breeder that is less likely to cost you a fortune in vet bills. If you want a chameleon do that you will not regret it and have a much better start in the hobby.

Plus before you buy stick around here, read up on exactly what set up is required and get it set up and ready to go. Then shop for your chameleon.

Oops disregard most of what I said I apparently can't read! Sorry.

I would still say be patient and wait for a captive bred though. You can find them in China (or other parts of Asia)

It's hard to see but the complete lack of an occipital flap on the second picture plus overall shape and coloration leads me believe they are Senegal Chameleons

I already have all the set up ready and did tons of research. I just received another picture, is this a panther?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 129
That last one looks kinda like an oustalets chameleon. But I may be wrong, lol still working on being able to classify the chams

None of the pictures shown were veileds, ive bred veileds many times and all babys have a larger casque, those are either gracefulls or senegals (pretty much the same thing)

None of the pictures shown were veileds, ive bred veileds many times and all babys have a larger casque, those are either gracefulls or senegals (pretty much the same thing)

I'm not the best at identifying chameleons and vowed i wouldn't try unless I was certain. I am not certain on my guesses but I can tell you with 100% certainty that Senegal and Graceful chameleons are as different as Graceful and Veiled Chameleons. Please don't confuse matters even worse by saying they are the same.

They are all members of the Genus Chamaeleo and distinctly different species.

If you are only using casque size to determine if they are Veileds or not I have read multiple posts where the casque sie of very young veileds varies greatly... If there is another marker you are using that is fine. I don't think they are flap necks though...

I'm not the best at identifying chameleons and vowed i wouldn't try unless I was certain. I am not certain on my guesses but I can tell you with 100% certainty that Senegal and Graceful chameleons are as different as Graceful and Veiled Chameleons. Please don't confuse matters even worse by saying they are the same.

They are all members of the Genus Chamaeleo and distinctly different species.

If you are only using casque size to determine if they are Veileds or not I have read multiple posts where the casque sie of very young veileds varies greatly... If there is another marker you are using that is fine. I don't think they are flap necks though...

sorry yes senegals and gracefulls are 2 different species not trying to make things confusing their just simialr looking, and now that i took a second look at this pic they could actualy be veiled babys under a few weeks, ask him if any of them have tarsal spurs (little bumbs on the bottom of the back legs right above the foot)

Xaviert,

The first picture you posted is of Veiled Chameleons (Chamaeleo calyptratus). Males of this species have a little bump on their back feet; females don’t.
The second picture is of some wild caught Senegal Chameleons (Chamaeleo senegalensis). I do not recommend wild caught animals as your first chameleon as they are very hard to keep alive in captivity. Don’t buy these.
The last picture is of a female Panther Chameleon (Furcifer pardalis). Females don’t get as brightly coloured as the males but do make a nice pet.

I can’t stress this enough; improper identification and sexing just confuses the issue. I appreciate people learning and trying but it does not help the OP if they are given the wrong information.

Here's my set up and enclosure ready for them.. :(

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 97
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 113
Back