panther chameleon not eating

ahdex

any idea how to make it take crickets? i have tried superworms and mealworms to no valid.

i have only obtained her for the 3rd day .

she is about 6 inches and drinking well...

housing : 24 x 24 x 36 screen cage with exo terra ubv.

any input is appreciated!

thanks guys

It could take a few days. Dont worry about it just keep offering try other things like silk worms and horn worms. But be sure to always halve crickets in the cage I would put like 12 in there and let them roam the cage. Eventually they will cross the path of the sticky tongue and get eaten. But just keep offering also because your cham is so new try to feed and turn out all the light in the room besides the ones on the cage and back off so you cant been seen. Your cham might not be comfortable with you in the background trying to watch it eat. Hope this helps. :D

thank you! i was totally relieved when i read the first sentence .
i shall monitor closely for the next few days!

doesnt look so good to me.. seems to have sunken eyes..

appreciated if anyone would advise!

thank you
2013-02-17160840.jpg

she does not look good at all and it looks like something is sticking out of her mouth??? Unfortunately, it does not appear that she is not eating due to acclimation of her new home but is most likely ill.

i think shes ill too... i have no idea what to do right now... i feed her a cricket.. thus the cricket leg is sticking out.

How old is the uvb light? It should be replaced after 6 months. Also, is it a tube light or a bulb for your uvb? It should be a tube.

That black crate is in the cage? Try to use plants when getting the cham to drink, it looks dehydrated. You may want to get a rubber syringe and give it water that way to ensure it goes down.

The crickets you are feeding it are eating what? They are only as good to your cham as much as you keep them healthy. Read up on proper gut loading, it is very simple and helpful in the long run.
Also try silk worms, easy and nutritional!

do u know humidity? also a big problem with chams.

And if you just got the cham this way, then there was nothing you could have done up until this point. It may just take time for the cham to settle in and become comfortable and start eating.
Good luck!

can you post some pictures of the whole enclosure?
have you seen her drink? she looks dehydrated as well she needs some water
are you able to take her to the vet?

guys could bug juice help this cham maybe pull thru? just to get some calories into that tiny body? anybody have the recipe? i cant find it if you guys even think it would help at this point

That owner should have not sold that chameleon in the first place.

Any idea on your location and who sold it to you? Because chameleons don't look like that in just 3 days, that baby looks like it was malnourished and probably had coccidia or some other parasite.

Sorry for the loss, it looks as if someone set you up for failure. At least you tried to get on here and get her some help.

Also you said you "feed" her a cricket.

You should never really force feed a cricket to a baby chameleon because if they are that sick they will just spit it back up, especially if the cricket is that big.

Once again sorry for your loss and I would recommend doing a little research and hanging out on the forum, we love sharing info, then in time you can buy on here from a reputable breeder who won't sell you a sick female.

Back
Top Bottom