Panther Cage Size?

listen2justin

Established Member
I converted a display case for my current cage. It's 65" tall, 18" wide, and 15" deep. I had to learn this the hard way but parts of it are made of particle board and are starting to warp and split. I thought I had at least 6 months, but after less than 2 months all the sealing and siliconing I did had no chance! :ROFLMAO: So for my next cage, which I plan on using for the rest of my guy's life, I'm getting one that is 5' tall, 2' wide, and 18" deep. So 2 questions: I know the general rule is 2x2x4, but will what I'm getting be sufficient for my guy to live the rest of his life in? Second, Cham will be just turning 7 months when he moves into his cage but will there be an issue of the cage being too big?

It's big enough and he will be able to live in it the rest of his life.
Keep in mind these are minimal sizes and bigger is often better.

The enclosure will not be to big for a 7 month, if you get the impression he has trouble finding his food try cup feeding or decrease the usable space by altering the interior (keep in mind that you have to take in account the distance from basking spot to his UVB lamp).

It's big enough and he will be able to live in it the rest of his life.
Keep in mind these are minimal sizes and bigger is often better.

The enclosure will not be to big for a 7 month, if you get the impression he has trouble finding his food try cup feeding or decrease the usable space by altering the interior (keep in mind that you have to take in account the distance from basking spot to his UVB lamp).

Thanks. I cup feed now so I was planning on continuing that, but the new cage will give me the option to free range in the future when he grows though. As for the basking spots, I plan on keeping it similar distance from the top as my current set up.

Buy two Extra large Reptibreeze cages from Petco, and fasten them together to make a big one.

Back
Top Bottom