Pale..?

MrAho

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Chameleo Pardalis, Male, About 1 year. He has been in my care for one year
Handling - I handle my Chameleon everyday
Feeding - I am feeding my chameleon six crickets per day. My crickets are dusted with rapti-cal vitamins
Supplements - Rapti-Cal natural phosphorus free, calcium and vitamin D3 supplement for all reptiles and amphibians (220g net)
Watering - I mist the cage with a water sprayer manually
Fecal Description - Normal (brown, with the white/orange on the edge)
History - Nothing really interesting happened..

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Mesh cage: http://lllreptile.com/load-image/StoreInventoryImage/image/3416 (the one on the left)
Lighting - I live in Indonesia, I set my cage in my garden, and set my cage under the sunlight for 6 hours
Temperature - 30-32 degrees celcius and 24 to 25 degrees celcius overnight
Humidity - 89%
Plants - I'm using live plants, but i'm not really sure about the plant type.
Placement - It's in my garden, near a fish pond, and several other plants in my garden
Location - Indonesia, Jakarta

Current Problem - I'm not sure if my chameleon is really sick or not, but better safe than sorry! My chameleon is acting normally and is eating, drinking, pooping normally. But his crest (or whatever it's called on top of his head) is pale. Actually his whole head is pale. I don't know if he's normal or not since when I first bought him he was in a darker color, it has been raining lately for the past few weeks, is he too cold? When it rains I put him under a roof though.

Thanks for your time, help is appreciated :)

A picture would help.

Isn't he about to shed anyway? Because when they are older, they don't shed the whole body but only parts...

Actually, he did shed a couple of days ago. After the shedding process, he returned to his pale color.

PS. I'll try to upload a photo, soon.

Maybe the pale color is related to his recent shed. Let's hope for that & maybe we can tell from the picture. Wish I could let mt chameleons get outside everyday, you have a lucky cham.:)

Back
Top Bottom