Pac-Man frogs frogs

Carloscruz

Avid Member
So I have a Pac-Man frog but he doesn’t eat sometimes He goes weeks without eating I need tips on how to get him to eat.

Pacs are so cool.

Can you share a pic of frog and enclosure. Plus, temps during day and night-

It is usually a temp issue. In the wild they gorge themselves and hibernate.

I am sure you know their skin turns into a hard protective coat to keep moisture in during the dry season.

Daytime temperatures are around 73 to 75 humidity in the days around 40 to 80 at night it goes to about 70 for the temperatures and the same for the humidity as the day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 94
Nice! Pineapple morph or albino? Either way so nice. I was trying to share what I have had but having issues downloading..

It looks to be about 3" which means it should be on a feeding schedule of every 2 to 3 days.

When they get bigger like adults it is even less.. I personally always used an under tank heater, like you have attached to the back.

On the back only allows for the heat to go up and the ground temp would be the same as room temp (usually). Plus, the gage is where heat would be moving upward.

People do the back heat pad because if you place under the tank without leaving a gap of about 1" the glass will get hot and cook your frog. Not good!

I would place the thermometer 1/2" under the surface and see what your frogs temp really is. The faster she can digest the faster she will eat more.

Their hibernation isn't the same as many other frogs, they hibernate when dry and warm. Their skin get hard to retain water but this is normal.

Sorry I get specific but not sure what your experience is so always go basic.. Owned my first Giant Pacman in 1978 and had one a few years ago, which means---- Still love them.. :)

After all that-- It is probably temperature.

Last edited:
Thanks here she was my first reptile I got her almost about 5 6 months ago then I got a leopard gecko and a chameleon.

They make nice additions to a collection...
Just remember: THEY WILL BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS THEM... :) (y)
Scary at first and when she gets full grown, scary becomes painful.. hahaha But worth it.. Keeps your reflexes working..

I have still been trying to download a few pics but for some reason it freezes at 80%. I give up! (y) (for now)

Back
Top Bottom