Ozzy a panther/oustalet hybrid- How big will he get?

Sadly, I have to report that my beloved Ozzy has passed away. He had a bad case of flagelates and couldn't recover. He's spent the last week or so boarded at the vet but there was nothing they could do. I've never had a Cham die this young. It's really awful.

Oh NOOOO. That is completely awful.

This guy was so cool and I was loving watching him grow. I'm sorry for you loss man. Ozzy was an awesome chameleon.

My condolences! I just found this thread. I had the opportunity to go to Backwater Reptiles and look at all the Pardalis x Oustaleti babies while they were there. Your posts even though found late by me was very interesting. I was considering picking one of these babies up however I did not because I got sidelined from other goings on's.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
My condolences! I just found this thread. I had the opportunity to go to Backwater Reptiles and look at all the Pardalis x Oustaleti babies while they were there. Your posts even though found late by me was very interesting. I was considering picking one of these babies up however I did not because I got sidelined from other goings on's.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thanks, I was really interested in seeing how he was going to turn out (obviously, by this thread). I've never had a chameleon die on me like this, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I've asked Sam at Backwater if he has more hybrids, but he doesn't. If anyone out there has one they'd be willing to sell to me please message me!

thanks,

Stuart

Sorry to hijack this old thead but since health issues are common in hybrids I was wondering how common it is in these kinds of hybrids. Is it uncommon for them to reach adult age?
(also very late but to show respect sorry for your loss. Your chameleon was truely a beautiful invidual)

It's hard to know for sure, but I do not believe there was anything physically wrong with him. Often hybrids can be stronger than the two species that they are a hybrid of. In the case of Ozzy, I think he just had a bad case of parasites that he couldn't beat. It was also my fault for not getting him to the vet sooner, and to make matters worse, it all happened right as I was leaving for vacation.

I haven't heard anything else about his siblings. It would be great if some of these people posted something!

Back
Top Bottom