Ozzy a panther/oustalet hybrid- How big will he get?

radstusky

Avid Member
This is Ozzy, he's a panther/oustalet hybrid and about 6 months old.

IMG_6255.JPG

I thought it might be fun to try to guess how big he'll get. Adult panthers are in the range of 150-250 grams and 16-20 inches or so and adult Oustalets in the range from 400-500 grams and 22-27 inches. Let's see who can guess his weight when he's one year old. I'll weigh him on November 1st and see who came the closest. The winner will get absolutely nothing, but lots of kudos!

As of today he weighs 38 grams and is roughly 9" long. My guess for his weight come November when he'll be one year old is: 320 grams and 20" long. Maybe I'm being optimistic!

100_7374.JPG

This is Ozzy, he's a panther/oustalet hybrid and about 6 months old.

View attachment 156437
I thought it might be fun to try to guess how big he'll get. Adult panthers are in the range of 150-250 grams and 16-20 inches or so and adult Oustalets in the range from 400-500 grams and 22-27 inches. Let's see who can guess his weight when he's one year old. I'll weigh him on November 1st and see who came the closest. The winner will get absolutely nothing, but lots of kudos!

As of today he weighs 38 grams and is roughly 9" long. My guess for his weight come November when he'll be one year old is: 320 grams and 20" long. Maybe I'm being optimistic!

View attachment 156441

38g is not large for 5 months but not small by any means.. That's going off of my typical panther grow rates... I've never had any ousts myself but I've known people who bred them and they are garbage disposals as babies eating and growing like crazy.. So I'm thinking perhaps it will end up about the size of a very large panther.. Glad to see you post this I've been wondering how these were turning out I considered getting one myself..

IMG_6267.JPG
I don't care about the size...it's the colors I'm digging! I can't wait to see the final product.

Me too! So far he's been mostly green and gray, with a small amount of red occasionally. He only seems to show colors when I take him outside. I expect that in the next couple of months his colors should be coming in.

388 grams! Can't wait to win nothing! lol

388 is pretty big! We'll have to wait and see. He's just starting to come into a growth spurt now, so the challenge is to make sure he's eating a lot of healthy bugs!

IMG_6264.JPG
IMG_6264.JPG

244G I think at 1 year he is going to still be growing

Do you know what kind of panther he is crossed with

Yes, a blue bar Ambilobe I believe. I agree that he will likely still have some growing to do by the 1 year mark. At this stage, he doesn't seem to be large for his age at all, but he is eating a lot lately and it'll be interesting how much he grows in the next month or so.

I have no idea how large he will get, but he doesn't seem abnormally large for his age currently. My juvenile male panther chameleon is almost 5 months old now and weighs 42 grams as of yesterday.

I've decided that I can in fact offer something of a prize. Who ever gets the closest to the the weight come November will get a free dubia starter colony from me! The caveat will be that you have to live within the continental US and of course this will have to exclude Florida since they're illegal there I believe.

Here's his growth chart so far and a pic from yesterday:

Capture.JPG
100_7384.JPG

Dubiaaas im coming!!!!

...........*******""'':;!!!;*:*:*;*..,,,,,,
(Realises that hè Lives in Holland)

:)

Back
Top Bottom