Overweight Cham? Plz help!!

I

ordered it a little over a week ago. It took a little for me to get the money, but money should no longer be a problem with the rest of her care. It’s a page keeper dragon strand. I think the dimensions are 38inx38inx4ft. With dragon strand, I have no idea when it will arrive
That dragon strand will take quite awhile to show up. You need to look at the build schedule on the website but I am willing to bet it will be a month minimum before you get it. You've already had that poor baby in that nano exoterra for a month, you need to get her out and in to a bigger enclosure asap, assuming she lives through her clutch of eggs that is coming as Brody said.

Not showing typical gravid patterns but she is gravid, not fat.

If she’s digging in the corner your too late for husbandry fixes. The only thing you need to be doing right now is finding a suitable laybin, trash bin is fine, and fill it with 8” of moist play sand. Not wet, moist. Slowly add water and stir until it’s like beach sand and holds a tunnel. Put her in it and place the bin somewhere where she can’t be disturbed and leave her alone. Check on her once an hour or so.

The husbandry fixes are important but irrelevant if you don’t get those eggs out of her.
Shame on me for
That dragon strand will take quite awhile to show up. You need to look at the build schedule on the website but I am willing to bet it will be a month minimum before you get it. You've already had that poor baby in that nano exoterra for a month, you need to get her out and in to a bigger enclosure asap, assuming she lives through her clutch of eggs that is coming as Brody said.
im not sure what time it is where u are but it’s 10 pm here. Should I let her sleep for the night or try to get her to lay rn? I can spend all day with her tomorrow, but after that I’m going to be gone for 4 days. I’m not sure what to do

Shame on me for

im not sure what time it is where u are but it’s 10 pm here. Should I let her sleep for the night or try to get her to lay rn? I can spend all day with her tomorrow, but after that I’m going to be gone for 4 days. I’m not sure what to do
Well you cant force her to lay lol. But you can prepare her lay bin to the specifications in the link that Joxie gave you so that tomorrow you can move her to it. You arent going to want to spend any time near here while she is trying to lay because you can spook her and cause her to get egg bound.
What sort of plans did you have for her care while you were gone for 4 days?

Well you cant force her to lay lol. But you can prepare her lay bin to the specifications in the link that Joxie gave you so that tomorrow you can move her to it. You arent going to want to spend any time near here while she is trying to lay because you can spook her and cause her to get egg bound.
My mom will be here to feed her, and most her and all that, but she’s not gonna know what to do to help her lay eggs

I don’t have sand either. The dirt is all I can give her, I’ll set up the bin, and get her in it tomorrow. Do I put the bin in her cage or do I put her in the bin?

My mom will be here to feed her, and most her and all that, but she’s not gonna know what to do to help her lay eggs
Like I said. You cant force her to lay eggs. She just needs to have the appropriate lay bin available to her to lay in. If you dont have the sand, then you need to go get the sand. No, you can not put the bin in there because as was pointed out previously, you need at least 8 inches of sand mixture and the enclosure you have her in is hardly even 8 inches tall. You will need to get a large trash bin to put the sand mixture in and place her in that with her lighting. If you were to read the link that Joxie gave you, you would have all of this information.

Like I said. You cant force her to lay eggs. She just needs to have the appropriate lay bin available to her to lay in. If you dont have the sand, then you need to go get the sand. No, you can not put the bin in there because as was pointed out previously, you need at least 8 inches of sand mixture and the enclosure you have her in is hardly even 8 inches tall. You will need to get a large trash bin to put the sand mixture in and place her in that with her lighting. If you were to read the link that Joxie gave you, you would have all of this information.
I red the link, I just didn’t fully understand. I’m sorry I don’t sound prepared but I’m just scared. I have no means of getting the sand till tomorrow and I don’t even know where to look

I red the link, I just didn’t fully understand. I’m sorry I don’t sound prepared but I’m just scared. I have no means of getting the sand till tomorrow and I don’t even know where to look
Go to home depot and ask for help. Search the internet. Search the forums. Literally all of the information in the world is at your fingertips, you must have to apply yourself to look for it.
What are you confused about for the lay bin. It's very straight forward. Joxie even provided you with pictures.

Is there any ventilation in her enclosure or is it all glass
The top is screen but that’s it. Ik this cage is horrible but it’s all I can rn. I have a big cage that I had for my bearded dragon years ago, but it’s long, not that tall. Would she be better off? With the large top it has better ventilation

Back
Top Bottom