Overjoyed Ambilobe!?!?

Malicious

This may come off as an odd issue, but I just can't seam to do anything to get Fonzie fired up!:confused: The guy has the temper of a Eeyore on NyQuil!:eek: I open the cage to feed him and he trots out to my hand, and on up to my shoulder, then sits there like a parriot. I just don't get this guy, He acts like he's at the Holiday Inn, on vacation, everyday!:rolleyes: Am I spoiling my kids that much?? .......Did I call them kids...I mean....animals!:eek::eek::eek:;)

I also realized I never filled one of these out...So I did it now, all look ok?

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18”x18”x36”, Alum-screen
Lighting - ZooMed ReptiSun 5.0 Linear 18”/ 40 watt Incandescent /5.5” Dome. Timer (8am-8:30pm)
Temperature - 85-87 Basking Spot, 75 Cage Bottom. Night temps 70-72. Zilla Digital hydro/temp.
Humidity - 65% Humidity. MistKing System/live plants/ultrasonic humidifier. Zilla Digital hydro/temp.
Plants - Live, Umbrella/Hibiscus/Pothos/Ficus…etc, All Safe, Clean,Organic
Placement - Bedroom, Lite traffic, clear from obstructions. Cage top is 6’ from floor.
Location - Corona (Southern California)

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon Ambilobe Panther, Male, 8 months old, 2.5 months in my care.
Handling - Cage cleanings, 1 day outdoor cage for natural sun (weather permitting)
Feeding - Crickets,Silkworms,Butterworms,Hornworms,Superworms, 9am feedings, Gut loads include: apples,oranges,carrots,Total Diet Complete.
Supplements - Rep-Cal Calcium w/o D3 and w/D3 Rep-Cal Herpitive. Cal w/o D3 (lite) 6 days a week. Cal w/D3 bi-monthly, Herpitive bi-monthly
Watering - MistKing System, (8) 2-3min cycles daily. I observe him drinking on a daily basis.
Fecal Description - Brown-Dark-Brown, Solid, White Urates. Not tested.
History - Alert, Hearty Eater, Straight/Strong Limbs. Mild temper.
Current Problem - He simply will not fire-up/show angry colors!

Just about bed time shot

Gorgeous.. Out of curiosity, is he a Kammers baby. Particularly for Tsara Mandoko? My male has the exact same temperment and looks down if he isn't out of his cage roaming.

Your CHILD is beautiful!! Im not an expert BUT your cage seems to be in perfect condition:D maybe a bigger enclosure when he gets a little bit older

Jay that kid is beautiful. He also looks like he is saying, "so what?, just let me be." Either get him a girlfriend or borrow one for a visit. All he has to do is see her and my money says he will fire up nicely. I know one of the group will drop by, or made plans to meet someone with a girl at the next SBKC meeting.

I've had Thaxter (also Ambilobe) well over three years now, and have seen him fire up maybe four times. He fired up for the vet, who was weighing him and looking inside his mouth, and drew a blood sample. He fired up when he discovered where we keep the crickets, had planted himself on top of their cage, and I tried to take him away. And once or twice he's fired up when I've found him somewhere I didn't think he belonged when he was already half asleep and tried to move him.

I've had Thaxter (also Ambilobe) well over three years now, and have seen him fire up maybe four times. He fired up for the vet, who was weighing him and looking inside his mouth, and drew a blood sample. He fired up when he discovered where we keep the crickets, had planted himself on top of their cage, and I tried to take him away. And once or twice he's fired up when I've found him somewhere I didn't think he belonged when he was already half asleep and tried to move him.

Thaxter seems to have quite the personality! I think I would've paid to see the cricket incident.

I second the female idea, I think if he sees a pretty girl he'll fire up nicely.

Thaxter seems to have quite the personality! I think I would've paid to see the cricket incident.

The cricket incident was something; he attacked a spatula. (For some insane reason I was trying to coax him to climb onto the handle of the barbecue spatula to take him back "home"; as he bit it with malice aforethought, I guess it's a good thing I didn't offer him my hand, as usual.)

Hi Jay,

have you tryed a mirror? lots of chams don't like seeing themselfs in the mirror thinking it's another male.

anyway, my Splat is moody...one day he loves me misting his cage and spraying him, the next day he puffs up his body if I do this.
10 weeks old and he fired up at me like 4 times already.
1 time he fired up and even opened his mouth wide while shaking his head left and right like he wanted to screem at me.....and all I did was open his cage door. :eek:

Harry

My Nosey Be Panther 'Denzel' was exactly light Fonzie, didn't give a damn about anything....until........he met my two springer spaniels when we adventured into the garden, he caught glimpse of them from his tree and ventured down across the lawn (closely supervised) until...Jerry barked and spat slobber towards him, he got very pissy made himself enormous and opened his mouth shaking his head hissing at him, on that not I coaxed him onto my hand trying not to get bitten then took him back inside........he now from his window ledge setup when ha catches a glimpse of them parading around their side of the garden he flares up to make a point obviusly, but they can not see him lol, reminds me of 'Littleman' syndrome lol

Jay! Sancho was the same way man. He wouldn't fire up for nothing then he turned the big 10 months and though he was king tut and fires up all the time now.

Fonzie is from the "WhoKnows" bloodline, He came from LLL. I am happy that he turned out to be a true gem.:) I took some advise and showed him his wife in the cage next to him! (he's never seen her once!) Infact the guy didn't even know he was married!:eek: I held her near his cage and he came down to investegate, did the head bob deal and then showed colors and a pattern I had never seen before!:eek: She flaired up aswell (never seen that one either!) I put her back in her cage, and she returned to her normal state, while Fonzie was still mad at me for teasing him.:( I wish I would have taken a picture, but a mental image will need to do for a while. I guess I know now what his alternate coloring is and that he's into his wife. :)

Thank you all for the nice comments and information, I greatly appriciate it.

-Jay

This may come off as an odd issue, but I just can't seam to do anything to get Fonzie fired up!:confused: The guy has the temper of a Eeyore on NyQuil!:eek: I open the cage to feed him and he trots out to my hand, and on up to my shoulder, then sits there like a parriot. I just don't get this guy, He acts like he's at the Holiday Inn, on vacation, everyday!:rolleyes: Am I spoiling my kids that much?? .......Did I call them kids...I mean....animals!:eek::eek::eek:;)

I also realized I never filled one of these out...So I did it now, all look ok?

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 18”x18”x36”, Alum-screen
Lighting - ZooMed ReptiSun 5.0 Linear 18”/ 40 watt Incandescent /5.5” Dome. Timer (8am-8:30pm)
Temperature - 85-87 Basking Spot, 75 Cage Bottom. Night temps 70-72. Zilla Digital hydro/temp.
Humidity - 65% Humidity. MistKing System/live plants/ultrasonic humidifier. Zilla Digital hydro/temp.
Plants - Live, Umbrella/Hibiscus/Pothos/Ficus…etc, All Safe, Clean,Organic
Placement - Bedroom, Lite traffic, clear from obstructions. Cage top is 6’ from floor.
Location - Corona (Southern California)

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon Ambilobe Panther, Male, 8 months old, 2.5 months in my care.
Handling - Cage cleanings, 1 day outdoor cage for natural sun (weather permitting)
Feeding - Crickets,Silkworms,Butterworms,Hornworms,Superworms, 9am feedings, Gut loads include: apples,oranges,carrots,Total Diet Complete.
Supplements - Rep-Cal Calcium w/o D3 and w/D3 Rep-Cal Herpitive. Cal w/o D3 (lite) 6 days a week. Cal w/D3 bi-monthly, Herpitive bi-monthly
Watering - MistKing System, (8) 2-3min cycles daily. I observe him drinking on a daily basis.
Fecal Description - Brown-Dark-Brown, Solid, White Urates. Not tested.
History - Alert, Hearty Eater, Straight/Strong Limbs. Mild temper.
Current Problem - He simply will not fire-up/show angry colors!

Just about bed time shot

Very pretty boy! i have a BB ambilobe about 6 months and he is the same way, one time i had him on my shoulder and my brother was running down the hall and jumped into the doorway and Baloo hissed, got a little scared, but when my brother approached baloo climbed on his finger fine. So i think it will take ALOT to get him fired up

I took some advise and showed him his wife in the cage next to him! (he's never seen her once!) Infact the guy didn't even know he was married!:eek: I held her near his cage and he came down to investegate, did the head bob deal and then showed colors and a pattern I had never seen before!:eek: She flaired up aswell (never seen that one either!) I put her back in her cage, and she returned to her normal state, while Fonzie was still mad at me for teasing him.:( I wish I would have taken a picture, but a mental image will need to do for a while. I guess I know now what his alternate coloring is and that he's into his wife. :)

Thank you all for the nice comments and information, I greatly appriciate it.

-Jay

Just be prepared, there is a possibility that from now on Fonzie will only have one thing in his mind.

He will pace

Just be prepared, there is a possibility that from now on Fonzie will only have one thing in his mind.

He will pace

That thought crossed my mind. He was pacing for a good hour, post introduction. He then returned to normal, and has been fine ever since. He is shedding right now and I will have to get some updated pictures later tonight.

Thanks Dodolah,
Jay

Back
Top Bottom