Overheat?

yolobrat

Is it possible that my 3 months old female cham is too hot?
She sits on the hotspot most of the time without moving and in darker colors ( brown), but when i turn off the lights she becomes green and she starts to move all around and wants to eat? What should i do? Should i not turn on the heating light? Temperatures in my town are really high anyway...

3 month old female doesnt need a heat lamp. At 9-12 months you can use a heat lamp to get a spot to 87-93f. But at her current age as long as she can get above 80f she is fine.

3 month old female doesnt need a heat lamp. At 9-12 months you can use a heat lamp to get a spot to 87-93f. But at her current age as long as she can get above 80f she is fine.
Thank you so much!
But is that wierd acting result of too hot temperature? Like slowness and bad apetite?

Can you give us more details? What is your ambient cage temperature? How much does she eat? What kind of chameleon is she?
The best thing to do is copy, paste and fill out this form to get the most help.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
Veiled chameleon...ambiental temperature is around 26,27 C but i just set thermometer to the hot spot and it said 37C which is waaay to much...so i moved the light somewhere else and she seems more alive now..and she is brighter and she moves more

Back
Top Bottom