Overfed panther?

causekhaos

my 7ish month old panther chameleon has stayed in pretty much the same place today and she has also gotten a very dark colour. When I took her out, she wasn't crawling a bit, not really picking her body up, and also made sounds which sounded like sneezing/wheezing. I've just put her back in her viv after letting some more fresh air into it and her colour has brightened and she seems to be a bit happier - is this something to worry about? any tips?

Thank you!

Please fill in the how to ask for help form in the heth section and post it here. With that information we can all help.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/chameleon-health-questions-79572/

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Jackson Chameleon, Sub Adult, 3days
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Just got him been letting him settle in
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Crickets as much as he can handle then I remove the rest, Once a day
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? With out D3 Supplement Calcium With every feeding, Repti Vitamin twice a week
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I use a dripper, Mist 3-4 times aday
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? On pooped once since 2days ago
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. No

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Chipboard + Glass, 4ft tall, 2ft deep, 23inch wide
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 30watt (i think) (on a dimming thermostat) + 5.0 uv, 8am-8pm
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 28c during the day, 24/23c during the night - thats in the middle of the viv, measurements shown on themostat, 30/31 at basking spot (shown on humidity & thermostat)
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Misting 2/3 times a day, kept in the 50/60%
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Weeping fig, lavendar and small scindapsus
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? In the corner of my room by a window
Location - Where are you geographically located? Dorset in England

I thought this was about a female panther?

Well the jacksons needs to be in a screen cage really. I am in the uk too and use all screen cages for my chameleons

Supplements are also too much. Calcium three times a week, calcium with D3 once a month and a multivitamin with no D3 once a month also.

Basking spot also needs to be 29c max for a jacksons.

Please fill in the how to ask for help form in the heth section and post it here. With that information we can all help.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/chameleon-health-questions-79572/

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? about 7 month old female panther chameleon, I've had her since May
Handling - used to be several times a day because she scratches at the glass herself to come out, but now that shes ina much bigger viv only about once a day
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? About 4/5 large locusts, medium crickets when giving her calcium
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I give her calcium once a week
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I mist twice using a sprayer pump for about 2mins, yes I do see her drinking
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? She hasnt been tested that I know of, looks like typical brown colour
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. none[/LEFT][/LEFT]

So which one has the problem? The panther needs a lot more supplements. She needs pure calcium daily, calcium with D3 twice a month and a multivitamin twice a months. She could have a calcium deficiency and be gravid. I would get her to a vet as soon as you can.

Back
Top Bottom