Overfed, Now What

userBandit

I accidentally have been over feeding my cham and she is a chunky monkey now. You can see little lumps on her belly which I thought were eggs but apparently she is just overweight. I feed her 5-10 superworms daily max. She just started eating collard greens sometimes too. My question is:

Do I start feeding her less right off the rip or slowly start feeding her less so she isn't so hungry? Today starts me not overfeeding her and i didnt feed her today and she just sat by her food bowl and even came out onto my hand because she was looking for food. I don't want to keep over feeding her and have her produce too many eggs.

If you're feeding her every day I would cut back to every second day first. How many insects do you feed her in a week?
How old is she?
I don’t know about in a week, I just give her any amount from 5-10 per day. She only ever ate like two worms a day as a baby now she’s a beast. She is 6 months id assume. Got her from petco in october and she was weeeee itty bitty

Ditto to what everyone else has said. In addition, you don’t need to feed her anything but live bugs. While veileds will eat some greens and other produce, they don’t need it and aren’t able to digest it. Instead, feed the greens and veggies to your feeder bugs to make them healthier, and therefore more nutritious. Attaching feeder and ’gutload’ sheets for you.
Another problem with over feeding a female is it can cause her to produce too many eggs which increases her risks for becoming eggbound.
7A6B4333-762B-4998-A256-F19A5E5F4A83.jpeg
CA38691E-728D-499A-812C-A0844AB5F951.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom