Outdoor and humidity

Rosco

the weather here has just cleared up and it is high 70's to low 80's outdoors. i brought turco out to get some real sunlight and he has just been loving it. i have a large ficus tree outside and it sits partway under the patio to offer him shade and protection. im always concerned about birds(of course) but i dont worry about it because there isnt any trees around and he is the by the pool and an island of concrete so no birds ever roam/hangout by there. he catches a few flies while he is out there and i get him to eat some crix. my concern is that the humidity is only about 35%. i water him often while he is out there. will the low humidity result with health issues.

I wish I could take mine out :/ Tempe Arizona is definitely not 80 degrees and 35% humidity. More like 100 degrees and 5% lol. Plus all the plants and birds outside would not be too kind to them :(

Im doin it while i can. most of the time now the weather wont be kind to a chameleon. He definitely enjoys it outside.

Is he living outside all the time? If not I don't think the humidity is going to effect him that much if you have him outside to get some sun. The benefits of the natural UVB will far outweigh the low humidity. In the winters here, the humidity is alot lower than the summer and the temps are in the 70's and I don't hesitate to leave my cham outside for much of the day.

He has cage inside that hes been kept in that his whole life. I didnt know if an irregular ritual to get em outside would have any negative repercussions. This thread is probably the victim of over-worrying syndrome

Back
Top Bottom