Oustalet's Dented Eggs!!!

Nelius

I just received a female Outstalet's Chameleon last week and I suspected her to be pregnant and she was.

I offered her a laying bin but she refused to use it. This morning turning on the cage lights I see she dropped dented eggs all over the cage.

She became very lethargic throwing up small red to orange looking worms then died.

My Question : Are the eggs any good?

20180121_123327.jpg

I transferred the eggs into some sand....

20180121_124535.jpg
20180121_125011.jpg

Info on the Female Outstalet's Chameleon

Received: 1.10.18 Weight: 84 g Length: 13 in Death : 1.21.18

20180116_195722.jpg

I don’t really am good with these kinds of things... hopefully someone can help you out! And I’m so sorry to hear that about your Cham.

sorry for your lost :/ look like egg bound, she probably still got eggs stocked inside the body. theses eggs might be bad or, good and dehydrated. incubate them and in a couples of week you should know.

You need to get them onto some moist vermiculite asap. To measure moisture take a fist full if the vermiculite and squeeze it...only one or two drops if water should come out. Coarse vermiculite is the best to use IMHO.
The eggs need to be in a container with a lid and placed somewhere in the dark where the temp is about 74F.

Last edited:
You need to get them onto some moist vermiculite asap. To measure moisture take a fist full if the vermiculite and squeeze it...only one or two drops if water should come out. Coarse vermiculite is the best to use IMHO.
The eggs need to be in a container with a lid and placed somewhere in the dark where the temp is about 74F.

Alright, thanks !!!

Back
Top Bottom