Oustalet's Chameleons are gorgeous!

Tyaeda

Established Member
I've been trying to look up some care sheets on these big fellers cause, now that i've seen them, I just have to have one! It will be some time down the road, but I'd like to get to know as much as I can about them, of course.

I heard that they are similar to panthers, but require a larger enclosure. That's some of the only species-specific information I can find. I know there's a few Oustalet's owners wandering the forums here, and was wondering if any of you kind folks could help me learn more about their captive care?

I think Oustalets supposed to have some of the best personalities.

I saw a Steve Irwin special on chameleons of Madagascar and it seemed to prove this. Steve would go and grab a panther and start spazzing out with it (crikey! he is a naughty fellow) and the panthers would always gape and get angry. The Ousties where very tolerant with Steve and let him pick them up, jerk them all around, and then when he put them down they didn't run away.

I think Oustalets supposed to have some of the best personalities.

I saw a Steve Irwin special on chameleons of Madagascar and it seemed to prove this. Steve would go and grab a panther and start spazzing out with it (crikey! he is a naughty fellow) and the panthers would always gape and get angry. The Ousties where very tolerant with Steve and let him pick them up, jerk them all around, and then when he put them down they didn't run away.

I looked it up on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNpiLYiIMao

Lol he gets bit by a couple panthers! So funny! I wish he was still alive making shows! :(

No, haven't been able to get a good shot because he hangs out in the back in a bush for the most part.

That's too bad. I can't seem to find any detailed care sheets for them. Does their care relate closely to that of a more common chameleon, or do you know of any care sheets I can refer to?

$75 when they are instock.

I saw them on sale at lllreptile.com for $80. Whenever I decide to take that leap, I'm going to see if one of the local reptile stores near my house can order one for me. I'd like a baby cb male. First I need to learn more about them and get all his setup before I go looking for vendors though.

So I emailed the people who sold me Mr.Pink, to see if they were able to order an oustalet for me, but they haven't gotten back to me yet :(

Does anyone know of any that offer shipping to Canada?

I live in Canada too, and as far as I know, the only types of chameleons you regularily here are Veileds. I suggest trying to find a reptile show near your area. Usually you can find what you're looking for there.

So, I contacted a guy who normally sells reptile supplies, but is able to order reptiles as well. He told me that Oustalets are on the list of availables :)

I wish I were ready to order, because I want one soooo bad!!!!! Might get some pygmy's too :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom