Oustaleti breeding pics & videos

prettykttkat

Established Member
So I bred my Oustaleti today! I had been contemplating waiting for my sick rescued male to get better(because he is beautiful!) or just use the healthy male I already had and breed them now. My female has been ready for a few weeks so I thought I might as well take the plunge and put the healthy male in with her and see what happens. Well they went to it right away and I took a couple short films of it with my phone. It was funny in the beginning after he mounts her which I did not get on film where he is trying to find her "you know what" and ends up rubbing himself all over her. She just sat there patiently waiting for him to find it. He eventually did and that's when I started filming again. After they were done the female chases him away and displays unreceptive/gravid colors. That's the last film. I also took some pictures too. Enjoy:)

Male mounts female
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWBKZnELzOg

Mating
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hX6wrJtb4g

Female chasing the male away
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURF7ZEUGnE

Male mounting female
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2603-oustaleti-male-mounts-female.jpg

Mating
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2602-oustaleti-breeding.jpg

Mating
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2601-oustaleti-breeding.jpg

After mating. The male is trying to sneak back up on the female after she chased him away:)
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2605-anastasia-after-mating-see-male-trying-sneak-up-behind-her.jpg

Male after she chased him off
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2604-male-oustaleti-after-mating-he-trying-sneak-up-behind-female-after-she-chased-him-off.jpg

Female with unreceptive/gravid colors after mating
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2606-anastasia-unreceptive-gravid-color-after-mating.jpg

This was her color before mating (receptive)
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2592-female-oustalets-cham.jpg

This was her color when she was not ready to breed yet
prettykttkat-albums-oustalet-s-chameleon-picture2137-11-month-old-female-oustalets-chameleon.jpg

My ousti - Ms. Audrey, just laid her second clutch. I have about 40 eggs total right now. Good luck with your pairing!!

Thanks! I can't wait to pair Rex with her when he is better! I think babies from these two will be nice too though. They are both pretty chams:)

Congrats Reptimom! Are you incubating eggs at room temp or using an incubator?

WOW!!! She is beautiful!! And so is the male!!! I am glad they went to such a great home. I dont think they could have asked for a better:D

Thanks Jared! I thought you would like to see them! :)

Thanks Jack, I agree the color change is very cool! I never had an Oustaleti female before so I didn't know about all the colors they changed till now. I knew there would be a change but I didnt know what it would look like. I think the female I have is just really beautiful. I think my favorite color phase is the yellow body with burgundy highlights.

Back
Top Bottom