Our New Awesome outdoor Enclosure!!

Could I hire you to come out to Melbourne?! You should see the cage I built on the dining table of my apartment, none of the 4 sides are exactly equal or level LOL I wish I had someone handy in my house!

Its possible.. I think Melbourne is only an hour away from us :)

That's a great idea ...and a very nice looking cage!

Love the pic with a few of the girls all hanging out together. So sweet!

if i were you i would put boards up at the sides and make a gap for walking into then put soil in , plant the plants so there are no plant pots and put some of that co-co fibre matting on the floor , the sort you can get from garden centers :) that way no problems of injestion .... but that is just a suggestion , the chams look great btw :) and i wish i had something like that attached to my house i could put my cam in .. may have to build one ;)

That's really awesome. I just want to add one thing: Many people here show a horrible self-evaluation when they talk about their newest work, but you are an exception !:)

unexpected supprise

One thing I have to ad for anyone that is going to be making an outside enclosure. Make sure you regularly inspect it for holes or damage or anything like that.

I came home the other day to find a 3 foot long snake on the porch trying to get in at my girls! It was a Black Racer and is commonly found in Florida. I gave it a what-for with the garden hose set on JET..

Just something to consider if your going to use a mesh or poultry wire for the outside instead of screen, make sure its small enough where snakes cant get in

Attachments

• Snake.jpg
    Snake.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 153
NEED! My neck is cramping from all the ways I have to sit and move to watch mine... this is AMAZING! Good Job!

That enclosure is awesome. I wish my wife and I lived in Florida, Delaware weather sucks. If I could get my guys out side that much that would be awesome. I know they would love it. :D :D :D :D :D

Hands down the nicest outdoor enclosure Ive ever seen. Kudos for the execution and just a great idea!

We have Black Racers here too. Fastest snakes Ive ever seen. We used to catch a few back in the day when i was growing up. Unfortunately with all the urban growth we dont see very many anymore...:rolleyes:

Very nice! What is the vine that's growing all over in there?

The brown vines grow in the woods behind our house.. I went out and cut a few sections and pined and zip tied them into place...

if your talking about all the green leafy vines here:

http://youtu.be/bdvndkywNIQ?t=1m

it is a combination of a hanging Pothos and a fast growing vine called Dioscorea bulbifera or Air Potato plant.

Air potato plants is a insanely fast growing vine that grows out of control in Florida (invasive plant) .....it make these big bulbs that look like potatoes but you can't eat them .. I threw a few potatos in the pot and before long the cage was covered in vines.

I have read the potatos themselves can not be eaten but never found anything about the leaves or ever had a problem with them.. I had a massive vine growing in my river dragon tank tor 2 years
I have used them in cham cages and in terriums because they are easy to grow.. but truth is they are a problem plant in FL because they over take everything and grow as fast as 8 inches a day

Last edited:
The brown vines grow in the woods behind our house.. I went out and cut a few sections and pined and zip tied them into place...

if your talking about all the green leafy vines here:

http://youtu.be/bdvndkywNIQ?t=1m

it is a combination of a hanging Pothos and a fast growing vine called Dioscorea bulbifera or Air Potato plant.

Air potato plants is a insanely fast growing vine that grows out of control in Florida (invasive plant) .....it make these big bulbs that look like potatoes but you can't eat them .. I threw a few potatos in the pot and before long the cage was covered in vines.

I have read the potatos themselves can not be eaten but never found anything about the leaves or ever had a problem with them.. I had a massive vine growing in my river dragon tank tor 2 years
I have used them in cham cages and in terriums because they are easy to grow.. but truth is they are a problem plant in FL because they over take everything and grow as fast as 8 inches a day

Unfortunate that they are a problem there, but they look great in the room and provide lots of foilage. Id like to get myself one of those but I'm not sure if they're available in MI.

They are a problem here because of the humid warm climate fl has year long.. They do grow in other parts of the country but die back in the winter... Here they overtake whole fields.

They are a problem here because of the humid warm climate fl has year long.. They do grow in other parts of the country but die back in the winter... Here they overtake whole fields.

Yeah I can see how that could be a problem. Kudos on the enclosure btw, I would love to have one of those!

Back
Top Bottom