Ordering new cages!

Sorry Joxie... I am going to add my 2 cents here.... I have a medium Tall clearside with easy drip pan. I love it! I have made modifications to it to accommodate my climate and my Veiled. But for me it was worth every penny. After experiencing a zoo med cage where the screws actually would loosen themselves to the point of almost falling out and now a DIY cage which was meant to be a temp cage for Bahari where my latches do not even work right on the door. I believe that while Dragon strand is more expensive it is worth it to have the quality. My only complaint is the door sagging slightly which happened with both other cages I have had as well.

I will go one step further here... Due to Bahari having coccidia Bill was gracious and let me cancel my order last minute for the cage I had ordered for him. This cage was due to ship in the next week. If it was all about the money he could have told me no and that my special order cage (because I needed the left panel to be clearside and not the right) was not able to be canceled. He did no such thing. He simply said he would be happy to cancel the order for me. I then got a refund that very day! This showed me that he cared... That he was not in it to take my money. He was honorable. Not a greedy business man. I appreciated him doing this for me. I needed this kindness to afford the medical bills I am now dealing with.

Due to the medical bills I am unable to get a dragon strand right now but if I had the money it would with out a doubt be the direction I would choose to go.

He makes the ledges and the drip pans for all other major cages.. So if someone has a cage already they don't need to buy his complete set up to have the perks of his ledges and drip trays...
Now that is great customer service from Dragonstrand and @DeremensisBlue!
I don't know Bill and don't own one of his beautiful enclosures, but I do listen to his wonderful podcasts, appreciate his vast knowledge and contributions to the hobby, and thank him for his sponsorship of this site. Not everyone is a DIYer, and his enclosures and accessories offer great alternatives to crappy big box brands. I have the xlrg Reptibreeze with just a five gallon bucket for drainage. It works but maybe one day I'll be able to upgrade to Dragonstrand. I can dream!

75186A97-7E77-4E99-812E-C83747C82A0B.jpeg

There is a new one. My daughter found this coyote dude, he got himself bit by a Crocodile, and he be stinging himself with wasps and stuff. My daughter loves it, she watches him on YouTube and says this guy is crazzy lol.

I'm just glad it gets her off FGTV... If she is going to watch YouTube, at least learn something.
I actually just started watching there new show the son looks so much like Steve it’s crazy

In my humble opinion any time we can support our site sponsors we should. It is thanks to this site (and those individuals) many of our chameleons are alive.
If it isn’t affordable make it yourself but don’t support companies that put profits before the health of the animals, and we should not harm the business of companies that are trying to be different.
Dragon strand definitely puts health first and although I can’t buy one at the moment I think our community should definitely promote this kind of business.

Disagree a little here. And this has nothing to do with dragonstrand... but while we're on the subject- like their cages and when I was a couple years younger, bad at DIY, but good with money, I bought a few. They're good quality and look nice, plus you can easily put them together in no time. These days I would build my own, but mainly so I can set it up the way I want and I have a tad bit more DIY skills, along with less of a savings haha.

Anyway, back to my disagreement on blindly supporting sponsors. I've had a few experiences with site sponsors that I was not happy with. Nothing against our site, and nothing against sponsors specifically, but I learned that I should not trust a place/person and buy from them just because they're a sponsor. Talk to them, get a feel for their actual customer service. Talk to people who have ordered from them, don't just listen to a sales pitch.

My personal opinion is the cost of Dragonstrand enclosures is perfect for what you get. If I lived in Southern California I'd go buy one in person. My biggest issue is with shipping cost from them. I have a really big issue with paying that much for shipping on top of having to wait to a build schedule. Just my 2 pennies. If I could I would go DragonStrand cages but it's not in my budget at this time.

Back
Top Bottom