Ordered my first dragon strand cage

What one did you get? They are amazing cages the dragon ledges are really the standout feature of the whole cage but the cage itself is built very well also. You won’t be disappointed.

The most fun part is decorating/setting it up! I've got 2 Large Clearside Atriums and have a 3rd still in the box - it's too hot down here in FL to work on it in a non-air-conditioned garage, so we're waiting for cooler weather.
I know what you mean, I’m in SC... way too hot right now, but I’ll be doing this indoors.

The most fun part is decorating/setting it up! I've got 2 Large Clearside Atriums and have a 3rd still in the box - it's too hot down here in FL to work on it in a non-air-conditioned garage, so we're waiting for cooler weather.

Getting ready to upgrade to a DS cage here, too, and the set up has me so stressed! I'm so worried I'll do it wrong.

I actually send him an email, and changed my order to the clear side. I hope my little one will forgive me for that, he just has to wait a little longer

Getting ready to upgrade to a DS cage here, too, and the set up has me so stressed! I'm so worried I'll do it wrong.

Feel free to send me a PM any time for some advice or guidance. My biggest suggestions would be the following:
1. Plan out everything - I use cardboard and cut out where I want things to go and how I want them to flow.
2. Don't use any pots smaller than 8", and be mindful of how high you place them so those plants get misted too.
3. Use the 2-pot method. I secured pots into my cage then use plants in other pots and slide them into those pots. This way you can switch out plants as desired.
4. I used the black pond silicone, expanding foam, and then coco fibers over the top to create a natural cage. I also use wood bark as well. First you put down the silicone (which creates a good seal with the foam), then the expanding foam (but not too much at once, just layer it otherwise it will bulge out), then more silicone and then pack in the coco fiber at the end. I'm adding a pic - it's of my first cage I did, and it's before plants went in. Actually I was transitioning from a 2x2x4' screen to one of these.

Good luck - oh, and wear old clothes when you work with the silicone, it'll ruin whatever it gets on!

Attachments

• IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    249.6 KB · Views: 99
Bill has some wonderful graphics for where to place everything... Just reach out he would be happy to help you... Here is my thread for how I did mine... Mind you I screwed up the first pass through and did not anchor to the ledges correctly so read through the whole thing lol.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/new-dragon-strand-clear-side-aka-bemans-mansion.167884/

They’re great cages and Bill have great customer service! I’m working up to putting all the chams in the clearsides.

Sorry guys I cant come out and play, Im chameleon poor!
I’m chameleon poor too... and honestly... I just wanna keep buying and buying... the more I research, the more I want

Here are some blogs from dragonstrand.com that you might find helpful on setting up a cage. They definitely helped me at least get an idea on what you can do and how you can setup your dragonstrand cage.

https://dragonstrand.com/getting-the-most-from-your-dragon-strand-dragon-ledges/

https://dragonstrand.com/drainage-solutions-for-chameleon-cages/

https://dragonstrand.com/working-with-great-stuff-expandable-foam/

I literally drew out how I wanted everything in his cage with measurements... IT was nuts... I put where I wanted the ledges, plants, nozzles, basking lamp...

Make sure you position your basking lamp on the screen side of your cage if you are doing clearside for air circulation and so you don't build up too much heat. then the clearside becomes the side that your nozzles are spraying at.

I literally drew out how I wanted everything in his cage with measurements... IT was nuts... I put where I wanted the ledges, plants, nozzles, basking lamp...

Make sure you position your basking lamp on the screen side of your cage if you are doing clearside for air circulation and so you don't build up too much heat. then the clearside becomes the side that your nozzles are spraying at.
Thank you. Wish you would live in SC... I make awesome drinks and my bbq isn’t bad either. haha haha

Back
Top Bottom