Orangeish Nosy be?!

I don't know of your talking about the one on this thread or the one in my album but we took santi to the local experts just to double check his sex and he is Definetly a he! His blues are starting to come in very nicely on one side and the other side is almost pure white. It's pretty interesting

here is a pic of one of my female Nosy Bes...she shows a lot of green/teal for a female, but also shows some crazy peach/orange colors as well

b7dba3c0.jpg

well, when "he" gets older, dont blame us when he wants to go to Australia and register as a female......blame your experts....:eek:;)

If "he" is a he, then he is one late bloomer on that bulge.........

The poster before me shows that female Nosey Be's can have some nice blue/teals.......

You need to send this 'Be to me ASAP!! He's in serious need of So. California sun!! We have better, more beneficial UV's here....so he'll recover nicely in my home......:D:rolleyes:;)

I know you're kidding, but Florida > California for cham weather. We have natural populations of Veileds here.

I know you're kidding, but Florida > California for cham weather. We have natural populations of Veileds here.

Natural populations of Veileds eh?? Wow, didnt know they originated from Florida also, just thought Yemen and a few spots in surronding countries.....interesting......

Are you sure you know that I was kidding, just the fact that you have to say Florida vs California is suspect in that. :rolleyes:

They're non native to Florida, and emerged from captive releases.

And it's not a "versus" thing, since there's no contest. We have high humidity year round in Florida, combined with warm weather. It's actually fairly close to Madagascar weather most of the year here in Miami.

Natural populations of Veileds eh?? Wow, didnt know they originated from Florida also, just thought Yemen and a few spots in surronding countries.....interesting......

Are you sure you know that I was kidding, just the fact that you have to say Florida vs California is suspect in that. :rolleyes:

There is actually an established population of veiled's in Florida...

He never mentioned they "originated" from here, only that they have a population.

Justin, that's a really gorgeous female! Almost makes me want to get another girl - I thought mine was pretty with all her pinks and such but that pink and blue is lovely.

There is actually an established population of veiled's in Florida...

He never mentioned they "originated" from here, only that they have a population.

Really!!?? Seriously??!! established pop. of veileds??? Do tell....:rolleyes:

Well no shite......geeeshhhh He said "NATURAL"..........Florida isnt their "NATURAL" home......they are an invasive species.....what about that is NATURAL??????

They're non native to Florida, and emerged from captive releases.

Yes, I know, I was being sarcastic since you had said "natural" populations......its not natural for Veileds to be in Florida's wild.....

As far as the "VS" thing.....oy vay.........read my original post to the person.....I mentioned So. Cal. Sun...... We have alot of it here........thats all I ment.......

You've taken my original post way to seriously.......

Yes, I know, I was being sarcastic since you had said "natural" populations......its not natural for Veileds to be in Florida's wild.....

As far as the "VS" thing.....oy vay.........read my original post to the person.....I mentioned So. Cal. Sun...... We have alot of it here........thats all I ment.......

You've taken my original post way to seriously.......

Natural does not equal native. Natural can mean what you thought, but I meant it as "in nature." As in they naturally thrive in Florida.

Why so hostile?

We will see. I trust my "experts". I dont think santi has the Necessary resources to go to austrailia anyways

You mean you wouldnt buy your .....cham......a ticket to Oz for the......registering????:rolleyes:

I hope your "experts" are right.....but remember, Im goin off what the pic shows.......and alot of Nosey Be females do show male blues/teals....

Maybe let him/her watch some action movies....then you can see if a male(dippin crickets in cheese sauce, drinking beer droplets).....if female, she'll want you to play Fried Green Tomatoes, Thelma & Louise or Mama Mia.......:eek:

Anyway it turns out, Im sure your gonna "love" and take care of the little critter all the same.....

Justin, that's a really gorgeous female! Almost makes me want to get another girl - I thought mine was pretty with all her pinks and such but that pink and blue is lovely.

thanks Olimpia, i actually like my females a little more than my males (just dont tell them that haha)

I know we have definite established Oustalets, Veileds and Jacksons and most probably panthers too in Florida. When all the land mass of earth was one there could have been chameleons in both what is now Florida and California, if weather was suitable for them. I say if they manage to make it back, because we like them and have moved them or whatever, they deserve to stay. That’s just nature’s way. Love the picture of Justin’s very pretty female. Mine is still quite bright orangeish pink, so I guess it will look like this at least until the next shed. It’s just about five months old and it might even be developing it’s first eggs, even though if she lays any they would be infertile. I’m going to put a suitable sand box in the cage just in case she wants to dig.

Here’s one from yesterday, the flash washed the color out a bit, she’s really quite bright, whatever you call that color.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom