Orange-ish yellow spot on my young chameleons belly

The temp is good. I just put him in a brand new screen enclosure after I noticed it today because I was worried something in his glass enclosure could be harboring something that caused the spots. A little bit later after I put him in the screen enclosure he started climbing the ceiling he’s very adventurous and was honestly good for taking pictures lol. He was in a glass aquarium up until today and was not able to get to the ceiling with no way for a thermal burn.
I would be very careful with the aquarium... This is a recipe for baby developing a respiratory infection. With babies they climb as high as they can get... It is a matter of safety rather than adventure.

With the T8 and the 10.0 bulb. you want a 5-6 inch distance to the branches below it. This is important for baby to get the correct UVI level. T8 fixtures are lower output than a T5 so you have to adjust for distance. If you use this fixture in a screen cage you need to lift the fixture 2 inches off the top and then the branches would be 4-5 inches below the screen top. This is so that when baby climbs the cage it is not over exposed to much too high UVI levels when screen climbing.

You said..."I moved him into a tall screen enclosure (18”x18”x20”). He was in a small glass aquarium before"...good that you moved him to a cage! An aquarium's lights need to be set up with a chimney effect to get airflow....smit can be done, but a screen or vented glass cage is always a better option.

Back
Top Bottom