Orange Color

I just went to buy calcium without D3. I’m realized there was a difference in the supplements. I am going to work on getting him a bigger enclosure and UVB better suited for him.
I also bought hornworms and Waxworms, I don’t know if these will be good but hopefully they are better than mealworms, I will try to find better worms to replace mealworms for my chameleon.
After Reading the responses I will try to improve my mistakes.
I thank everyone for their time and help about how I am currently caring for my chameleon.
It is a learning process and a constant improving of what we’re doing. Most of us here started with what we thought was the perfect set up for our chameleons…and then we learned and improved to give our beautiful little chameleon friends their best lives. I know it will take you some time to get all of those changes made, but the sooner you can, the better it will be.
While most of the stuff can be expensive, you can check on Facebook marketplace and Craig’s List for an enclosure and maybe even the T5 light fixture (you’d want to replace the bulb if it comes with one) and even some sort of stand to put the enclosure on.
We are here to help as we can, so don’t hesitate to ask questions and share your progress. :)

WOW! This is a first for me but that is not bad..
1. Did you get him with the orange coloration?
2. What morph were the parents. Were they high yellow, low or high trans, or regular?
3. If the orange has always been there has it been growing outward?
4. There are many different morphs these days and I don't know what they look like as the males change (never seen a change like this so not sure if that is the issue). His greens look off a little which makes me think morph stuff.
5. Vet visit would eliminate bacterial, virus or fungus issues. That is what I would do first.. Have checked for parasites too. They might not check if you don't ask..
Unfortunately I love working with the odd stuff to the point -- I WANT HIM--- Ha ha ha Just kidding! Your experience can help others so please keep us updated.

The advice from others and a vet visit will probably get him where he needs to be..

I have returned, I was on a 6 hour journey of Cutting, Washing, buying stuff, and Fixing his current enclosure. I will try to get a bigger Cage(Screen Hopefully) if I can. Now that I washed his cage thoroughly and added new branches and a little place for him to get between the heat and UVB His Orange coloration has been calming down. I also set the heat lower since I read that the 50 Watt is probably too much for my Chameleon.
I also went ahead and bought calcium without D3 and some new feeders. Thanks again for your help and your time everyone.

I have returned, I was on a 6 hour journey of Cutting, Washing, buying stuff, and Fixing his current enclosure. I will try to get a bigger Cage(Screen Hopefully) if I can. Now that I washed his cage thoroughly and added new branches and a little place for him to get between the heat and UVB His Orange coloration has been calming down. I also set the heat lower since I read that the 50 Watt is probably too much for my Chameleon.
I also went ahead and bought calcium without D3 and some new feeders. Thanks again for your help and your time everyone.
I forgot to mention that I also placed the enclosure higher than where it was before. I made the stand for his enclosure about twice the size bigger than before, hopefully this helps him feel like he is higher than before. As I am a first time chameleon owner I hope nothing goes bad and I can find out new things about him every day.

Have you taken the little fella to to get a vet opinion yet?
I am working on that but since I am just a high school student, I need to find a convincing way to tell my parents about taking him to the vet, If Anyone knows good ways to convince their parents about stuff like this I would appreciate the tips and tricks.

Have them give me a call.. :) I will give them a good "talkin to".

Edited
I had educational animal show for a few years- licensed and insured so I can be hired by PTA's. Most of my shows included the parents being there. After the shows it was the parents that would stay back and ask questions. Or they would share their animal adventures as a child. So talking to people is very easy and most of all- I respect their opinion and would not change it just modify it. That is why I am so chatty I enjoy learning and sharing.

I know this will probably go nowhere but the offer is there. (y) That's how i roll! ::::::: dropping the mic:::::::::cool:

Last edited:
I am working on that but since I am just a high school student, I need to find a convincing way to tell my parents about taking him to the vet, If Anyone knows good ways to convince their parents about stuff like this I would appreciate the tips and tricks.
This is my best reasoning - If you got a new dog or cat, you’d be taking it to get checked at a vet…same for a lizard.
Sometimes offering to work for things is a good way to show your parents you are serious and dedicated to achieving your goal (a vet visit, needed supplies, etc). Ask them what you can do for them to earn the cost of the vet. Maybe you have some other family that would be able to pay you for some chores.
Caring for animals and attending to all of their needs takes great responsibility, which is something that I would think all parents want their kids to have.

I agree with Miss Skittles! That’s a great way to start talking to your parents about a vet visit and other things your chams going to need.

Back
Top Bottom