Orange/bloody poop??

Jakeelias93

Your Chameleon - Panther, Male, i think 5-7months, ive had it for a month
Handling - everyday 10-15minutes depending on mood
Feeding - Crickets gutloaded with carrots, and superworms
Supplements - Dust with calcium without d3 everyday, and d3 once a week, same with multi V
Watering - I water by lightly spraying his mouth and he laps up the little globs on his lips.
Fecal Description - Never been tested, its a tiny terd, white end, tiny brown part with a weird orange part.
History - N/A
Cage Info:
Cage Type - 24x24x48 reptibreeze
Lighting - 5.0 UVB and a UVA heat bulb, 100W i beleive
Temperature - 70 deg at the bottom, up to 90/92 at the very top, i use a digital temp/humidity guage
Humidity - 25% most of the day with spikes up to 85% when i spray
Plants - no live plant
Placement - In my room, in a corner out of window sunlight.
Location - Folsom, CA
Current Problem - has weird looking poop, im wondering if i should be concerned or if it is just the orange undigested carrot from the crickets i have been feeding him.

Currently the only real sign ive noticed of him acting out of the ordinary is his appetite has slowed, but that could be me just looking for a problem, and he seems to be slightly duller clolors lately. other than that he is extremely active, drinks, eats two LARGE crickets usually daily, eyes are nice and full.

Orange urates means he's dehydrated, he may need longer mistings or more frequents ones. How often are you misting? And for how long?

Orange urates means he's dehydrated, he may need longer mistings or more frequents ones. How often are you misting? And for how long?

did you click on the photo? I've seen orange urates before, there is a brown, a white, and in the middle of the two, is a long deep reddish orange. its not normal. I make sure he drinks everyday

Ooooo that doesn't look like dehydration at all hmm, does the poop smell really bad? I've never seen fecal like that, if it smells really bad he could have parasites...

"ferretinmyshoes", a member on here, just posted a great thread on poop and what good and bad look like. if you could post pictures of it we may be able to help you better.

I would leave a PM for "ferretinmyshoes" and ask here to look at the thread when she gets back on. I am not sure what the red id in the picture. Hopefully she or someone else will.

Hello! Look okay to me. The urates are white and the feces are well formed. It could be a little extra orange to the feces from carrots in the gutload. There will be some variation to color but as long as everything else looks good and the orange is in the feces and not the urates I wouldn't be worried. Does not look like blood.

Hello! Look okay to me. The urates are white and the feces are well formed. It could be a little extra orange to the feces from carrots in the gutload. There will be some variation to color but as long as everything else looks good and the orange is in the feces and not the urates I wouldn't be worried. Does not look like blood.

Maybe he had a few to many hornworms, and its a bit "juicy"? :D

BTW, evenyone should read ferritinmyshoes post on poo. :cool:

Do you use Repashy Calcium Plus?

If so, it has concentrated paprika in it, and this will taint the urates an
orange color as it is water soluble.

If your using this, change to something different for dusting and see what the urates look like then.

I use the stuff, and I know my guyz are drinking just fine.

Their urates are almost always a orange tint because of the calcium plus.

Also, any water soluble pigments in food and suppliments can taint the urates, just like when you take a multi-vitamin pill. All the water soluble stuff turns your pee bright yellow!! or even light red!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom