Opinions On Picture (Health Concern)

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Vield Chameleon, Male, turning a year this month. He has been in my care for about 6 months now.
Handling - He sees my hand everyday when I feed him, but I handle him maybe once a week.
Feeding - 7-10 large crickets a day, 2-6 medium/large dubais a day, horn worms/silks/meal-worms/wax worms given at random intervals (as snacks.) Everything is gut loaded with dry roach chow/cricket chow, kale, collard greens, carrots, apples, oranges.
Supplements - Plain calcium every feeding, calcium w/ D3 twice monthly, herpavite twice monthly.
Watering - Automatic mister, goes off every 2 hours. I see him drinking frequently. Eyes never look sunken.
Fecal Description - Tested for parasites- negative results. Stool is normal.
History - No known health issues. Shed recently.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Reptibreeze 2x2x4.
Lighting - UVA/UVB lights on 12 hours a day- 12 hours of dark at night.
Temperature - 80 at rest, 95 at basking.
Humidity - High at 80%, low at 45%.
Plants - Don't remember what it is, but it was on the safe list.
Placement - Low traffic area, no drafts.
Location - New York, USA

Current Problem - About 2 weeks ago Commah displayed two "deflated" round disks protruding from his vent. I panicked, but by the time I went to take a picture they were gone (not sure if they were passed, or taken back in?). Today I noticed again they were protruding from his vent again. I got the picture, but by the time I got him a bath ready (that was my first reaction), they were gone again. Whats going on?! Not sure if this is a vet issue or not- if it is I have no problem going- just didn't want to waste time going for a "normal" behavior. I'M SO WORRIED!

P.S. he has also been acting much more aggressive towards me. Not sure if it is related...

2qksebt.jpg

They are sperm plugs. and hes an adult, its normal for them to get more aggressive as they get older.

Thank you.
I know he was bound to get more mean- just wasn't sure if it was related to the "problem".
Weird question- what "are" sperm plugs/what do they mean?

they are exactly what they sound like.

sperm that he isn't using that he has to get rid of.

it means, hes an adult and wants a girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom