opinions needed!!

elchopchop

hey guys,

OK so I have around £170 clearing in my paypal account pretty soon and i'm using the money to add to my collection. I'm well established in the larger species and they will always be my first love. My local shop is getting adult mellers in within the next few weeks and also a number of the dwarf chameleon species. If it were you what would you go for? as I said above - opinions are needed as I really cant make my mind up!! :D

If I had the money and the space, I would get one of those beautiful mellers. That's just my envy of those who get to own such lovely animals. To me, the smaller chameleons, much like smaller dogs, seem a concession to space and resources. That's just how I feel. I'd rather have 5 dogs which each weigh over 80 pounds...but I have 2 dogs that weigh a combined 30 pounds.

I do love my little chameleons though and there is something utterly adorable about that little Rudis when she curls up for the night.

But...truth to tell, I suffer from meller envy....

I'm extremely fond of the melleri. They are very personable. i would get another one in a heartbeat if i had anymore room left. lol They are just soooo cool and soooo big. Just make sure you have the room for them. Also you won't be able to tell if it's a girl or boy unless you actually see something happening. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with that decision.

I'm extremely fond of the melleri. They are very personable. i would get another one in a heartbeat if i had anymore room left. lol They are just soooo cool and soooo big. Just make sure you have the room for them. Also you won't be able to tell if it's a girl or boy unless you actually see something happening. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with that decision.

Thankyou - actually I do have a method of sexing the melleri - its not certified but has worked with specimens that people Know to be male or female - I was sorta swinging towards the mellers...

Thanks guys - I went into put a deposit down on my mellers earlier today and found out that they are getting a pair in the shop so it looks like i'm going to end up with TWO!! :p As soon as they arrive and are settled in i'll post pics...:D

Thats insane! I wish i were getting a mellers. I wouldn't be able to sleep waiting for em to come. How old are they? Are they related? Cb/ Wc?

Thats insane! I wish i were getting a mellers. I wouldn't be able to sleep waiting for em to come. How old are they? Are they related? Cb/ Wc?

They are an adult pair, unrelated and are Captive farmed. The shop I get them from is really strict on the parasite loads in the animals that they release for sale - i cant pick them up until they have had a period of quarentine and been vet checked. Gives me more time to work on the enclosure though....:D

Back
Top Bottom